MRZ I got a virus what do I do?

MuscularGook

Subhuman
MRZ you're a security expert and from the posts I've seen you write, you're incredibly intelligent. I need your help bro.

I was downloading a song from a website.

So I clicked "Download" and me being an idiot, I installed this file that pretended to be an MP3 file. The file appeared in my E drive for some reason and all of a sudden a bunch of other shit appeared on my computer. It was a disaster.

I did a system restore and the shitstorm seemed to go away. I am currently running a full scan with Windows Defender just to be sure. I don't know if my computer is going to be fuuuucked bro. Help me brah.

Harbinger

Normie
Just factory reset your laptop, that will get rid of all the viruses and everything.

MuscularGook

Subhuman
mrz said:
MuscularGook said:
 This is srs bro I spent $3000 on my laptop.
[hr]

Come on bro, did I do the right thing to fix my laptop?
I honestly don't know a good answer to your question. One thing you may want to consider is using virtual machines and making security domains out of them, and not really using the host OS for much if anything. You can run Windows Virtual Machines and pass them graphics cards with IOMMU and game on them without notable performance penalty, though laptop graphics card configurations I'm not sure how suited they are to this since they have integrated switching between them for power savings.  This way if one of the security domains is compromised the virus is contained to it unless the attacker can break out of the hypervisor in some way.

Running an anti-virus / restoring from a back up, these are suggested techniques for Windows for dealing with viruses. Like, I wish I had something better to tell you, but really I don't know what else I can say.
 My reaction to the first part of your response:

But thanks for your response brah, I hope my dick pics don't get leaked out online.
[hr]
Harbinger said:
Just factory reset your laptop, that will get rid of all the viruses and everything.
 Ty bro, I'll try that if my laptop acts fishy again.
[hr]
Browcel said:

Watch this vid, funny as fuck.
Lol I'll watch that shit tomorrow. Going to sleep so I can dream about fucking 9/10 white sloots boyo.

Francesco

Normie
Fuck that if I were you I'd back up any important data and completely format the HD and reinstall windows.

feg

Chad
MuscularGook said:
MRZ you're a security expert and from the posts I've seen you write, you're incredibly intelligent. I need your help bro.

I was downloading a song from a website.

So I clicked "Download" and me being an idiot, I installed this file that pretended to be an MP3 file. The file appeared in my E drive for some reason and all of a sudden a bunch of other shit appeared on my computer. It was a disaster.

I did a system restore and the shitstorm seemed to go away. I am currently running a full scan with Windows Defender just to be sure. I don't know if my computer is going to be fuuuucked bro. Help me brah.
take it to the service genius, the drive has to be taken out and scanned with malware remover on another machine that has linux, you can dick around with these rescue cd's but I doubt the virus definitions will be up to date on them

feg

Chad
mrz said:
That's actually a good idea I will keep that in mind for if anyone asks me about Windows malware removal in the future. ++feg ^_^.

@feg You could always use a linux live CD and then just update the virus definitions before you scan. You can still update and get new software with live CDs, they just use RAM like a hard drive, of course it isn't persistent between reboots though.
you get this on a stick

Code:
http://partedmagic.com/downloads/
http://distrowatch.com/table.php?distribution=partedmagic

[img=640x480]http://distrowatch.com/images/cgfjoewdlbc/partedmagic.png[/img]

contains virus scanners, secure ata erase, partitioning, recovery, updates itself, all for noobs

I ain't buyin' or sellin' but whoever wants it be my guest, also added the link in code so you can be sure it's not affiliate marketing