issues caused by mouth-breathing are a bunch of MYTHS. nothing more than unverified conjectures.

ManletInDisguise said:
TheNextLachowski said:
issues caused by mouth-breathing are a bunch of MYTHS. nothing more than unverified conjectures.
Nah there are studies on this shit, it's all true... but it only applies to young children and you'd have to mouth-breathe 24/7.

I think it's more the case of there being a mouth-breathing phenotype where facial structure isn't shaped by breathing pattern but rather a certain facial structure will cause a child to mouth-breathe.
yeah, mouth-breathing doesn't cause issues. issues cause mouth-breathing.
in my case, i wasn't breathing out of one nostril so i naturally/subconsciously adopted mouth-breathing. and i'm fine.

TheNextLachowski said:
ManletInDisguise said:
TheNextLachowski said:
Nah there are studies on this shit, it's all true... but it only applies to young children and you'd have to mouth-breathe 24/7.

I think it's more the case of there being a mouth-breathing phenotype where facial structure isn't shaped by breathing pattern but rather a certain facial structure will cause a child to mouth-breathe.
yeah, mouth-breathing doesn't cause issues. issues cause mouth-breathing.
in my case, i wasn't breathing out of one nostril so i naturally/subconsciously adopted mouth-breathing. and i'm fine.
strong coping buddy boy

mouth breathing causes the most issues in childhood. it's a bad habit to get into all around. your face looks best by FAR when you have good oral posture regardless of longterm effects

ManletInDisguise said:
TheNextLachowski said:

This. 

That's why it's unfair to make fun of mouthbreathers. Their skulls are deformed and it makes it hard for them to breath properly.

Amud

Banned
ManletInDisguise said:
TheNextLachowski said:

Why hasn't this supposed mouth-breathing phenotype gone extinct? Why did it not exist in ancient times? Why does it not exist in primitive cultures?

Why do we have anecdotes like this one?

Over the past few decades, Dr Mews assistant has taken a photograph of the face of every child that Dr Mew has treated.

This ten-year-old boy is a nose breather and has a good-looking, broad face with everything in proportion. In other words, everything is in its right place. The boy exhibits well-defined eyes, cheekbones, lips and chin.

On the boys fourteenth birthday, he was given a gerbil as a present. Soon after, his nose began to block, causing him to breathe through his mouth. Within three years, his face had changed its shape considerably.
The above photograph is of the boy at age seventeen. Because he kept his mouth open from the ages of 14 until 17, his face grew downwards instead of in width. His face became narrow and long. His jaws are set back from their perfect and natural position. He now has a double chin and his jaws come back on his airways, resulting in smaller airways. This creates health problems such as sleep apnoea. His nose looks far bigger because his jaws do not come forward enough, and his cheeks are sunken as his face drags everything downwards. This face is typical of the thousands of children who breathe through their mouths.

Amud

Banned
ManletInDisguise said:
Amud said:
ManletInDisguise said:

Why hasn't this supposed mouth-breathing phenotype gone extinct? Why did it not exist in ancient times? Why does it not exist in primitive cultures?

Why do we have anecdotes like this one?
1. Why would it go extinct? There's no evolutionary disadvantage to mouth-breathing.
2. What makes you think it didn't exist before? Because Dr.TheBiggestFraudster Mew told you ancient humans all had pristine skull development? Did he even attempt to prove that claim?

What makes you think the child on the first photo is the same as the teen on the second and third photos? Because Dr.SnakeOilVendor Mew told you so? There's no proof it's the same kid.
1. It would be sexually selected against
2. I am very familiar with the European prehistoric fossil record and have seen pictures of huge numbers of skulls. I can assure you that all European skulls prior to the Neolithic have very strong facial development.
It's also well-documented that people in primitive cultures have broader dental arches.

People with this supposed "mouth breathing phenotype" do not have room for their wisdom teeth. This means that if the wisdom teeth erupted, they would cause injury or infection if they had no access to modern medicine. That alone proves that the mouth breather phenotype could not exist in cultures without modern medicine. If it was genetic, it would be very quickly eliminated from the gene pool.

3. You can clearly tell it's the same kid. Stop grasping at straws.

Jawanomics

Lookism God
Mouth breathing is definitely a legit thing that fucks up your face...just go and observe mouth breathers and how recessed and ugly they are.