• Stop coping, and start posting. Register an account in order to gain full access to Lookism's features.

@modified, Rate my hair loss treatment plan

ItWontBeMe

Machine
-Pumpkin seed oil
-Rogaine (5% minoxidil)

@"modified" 

/thread

modified

hairloss expert
ItWontBeMe said:
-Pumpkin seed oil
-Rogaine (5% minoxidil)

@"modified" 

/thread

Lol'd. You are counting on pumpkin seed oil as your only antiandrogen therapy? That's weak and unproven as fuck. Unless you have very weak balding genetics that's not sufficient.

Add fin/dut/RU unless you don't mind going bald and just want to slow it down.

ItWontBeMe

Machine
modified said:
ItWontBeMe said:
-Pumpkin seed oil
-Rogaine (5% minoxidil)

@"modified" 

/thread

Lol'd. You are counting on pumpkin seed oil as your only antiandrogen therapy? That's weak and unproven as fuck. Unless you have very weak balding genetics that's not sufficient.

I remember @paulus brought one of my posts to your attention some months ago and you said you'd try it out yourself (or maybe include it as part of your complete regimen). Pretty much, yes, but I am considering dut now.

I have pretty standard balding genetics, I'd say. The oldcels on both sides of the family progressed to a NW3 by their mid 50s (NW2 - NW2.5 for most of their life), a couple of them moved closer to a NW4. Ewww!

modified

hairloss expert
ItWontBeMe said:
modified said:

I remember @paulus brought one of my posts to your attention some months ago and you said you'd try it out yourself (or maybe include it as part of your complete regimen). Pretty much, yes, but I am considering dut now.

I have pretty standard balding genetics, I'd say. The oldcels on both sides of the family progressed to a NW3 by their mid 50s (NW2 - NW2.5 for most of their life), a couple of them moved closer to a NW4. Ewww!

Yeah I have some pumpkin seed oil sitting on my shelf. I take one every now and then. I don't have much faith in it for me since there is something uniquely wrong with me where fin and dut can't lower my DHT levels (I am resistant to them). If they can't work, I don't see how pumpkin seed oil would work for me. But who knows. Could be different. I don't know. That's a gamble.

I wouldn't gamble with your hair. If you want to play games you could take pictures now and again in 9-10 months on the pumpkin seed oil. But some people lose an entire Norwood in that time.

I think average guys should start with fin/dut, and if you don't tolerate it or it doesn't work for you, switch to RU.

modified said:
ItWontBeMe said:
-Pumpkin seed oil
-Rogaine (5% minoxidil)

@"modified" 

/thread

Do you know the optimal concentration of RU in a solution? I'm using 3% right now, but I'm also using DUT.

I have absolutely subhuman balding genetics NW3 diffuse @ 21 years old. I started with fin, then after 5 months, I switched to DUT. I want the maximum probability of regrowth. I stopped minox since it only provides an "offset of growth" and can restart it any time I want, and I wanted to see how well DUT/RU maintained without minox masking any DUT/RU regrowth or any MPB progression.

ItWontBeMe

Machine
modified said:
ItWontBeMe said:

Yeah I have some pumpkin seed oil sitting on my shelf. I take one every now and then. I don't have much faith in it for me since there is something uniquely wrong with me where fin and dut can't lower my DHT levels (I am resistant to them). If they can't work, I don't see how pumpkin seed oil would work for me. But who knows. Could be different. I don't know. That's a gamble.

I wouldn't gamble with your hair. If you want to play games you could take pictures now and again in 9-10 months on the pumpkin seed oil. But some people lose an entire Norwood in that time.

I think average guys should start with fin/dut, and if you don't tolerate it or it doesn't work for you, switch to RU.

Very conflicted with where I'm going to go from here on out with regards to hairmaxxing. All I know is that I'm done coping and even if I develop irreversible sexual side effects with these drugs (yes, even if it's just hearsay/paranoia/etc, I know), it will all be worth it in the end. I'm the originator of the "looks, not sex" theory anyway.

But I do have a hair transplant procedure booked for September, AND I DON'T KNOW IF I SHOULD GO THROUGH WITH IT. Why am I having these second thoughts!? I feel like I should have tried dut/minox/etc treatment MONTHS ago, see if that helped any, and then finalized my hair transplant plans as a last recourse. Thing is, the only thing that was paid for was the booking (non-refundable, $1,500), the rest of the amount, nearing $20,000 (not even kidding, for FUE 2,500 grafts on an NW2-2.25) is still unpaid.

Oh, the dilemma. Someone make a decision for me. I just can't.

:popcorn:

modified

hairloss expert
Norwooding Ethnik said:
modified said:

Do you know the optimal concentration of RU in a solution? I'm using 3% right now, but I'm also using DUT.

I have absolutely subhuman balding genetics NW3 diffuse @ 21 years old. I started with fin, then after 5 months, I switched to DUT. I want the maximum probability of regrowth. I stopped minox since it only provides an "offset of growth" and can restart it any time I want, and I wanted to see how well DUT/RU maintained without minox masking any DUT/RU regrowth or any MPB progression.

The percent is not too important. What is important is how many mg RU it works out to that you are applying per day to what area. I find 100 mg over the top of my head completely solves my itch without steroids and stopped my hair loss dead.

If you're also using dut, you'll need less. I can't possibly estimate how much. Odds are you don't need dut and RU. If you step up to a 5% RU solution and use 2 mL over the top of your head and along the hairline/temples that will probably do it.

But you are young with advanced loss.

If you tolerate the dut and you do that with the RU I can't see how you could lose hair at all. Add some minoxidil for regrowth and you should be perfect. If you want full insurance keep on the dut and go up to 5% RU at 2 mL per day as suggested. That's the strongest antiandrogen therapy you can get without turning tranny.

sephy said:
my hair is legitimately so disgusting, thinking of going with a buzzcut and restarting minox tbh. it actually gave me regrowth when I tried it out

hey seph could you delete all my posts then ban me or is it too much to ask?

ItWontBeMe

Machine
Norwooding Ethnik said:
sephy said:
my hair is legitimately so disgusting, thinking of going with a buzzcut and restarting minox tbh. it actually gave me regrowth when I tried it out

hey seph could you delete all my posts then ban me or is it too much to ask?

modified said:
Norwooding Ethnik said:

The percent is not too important. What is important is how many mg RU it works out to that you are applying per day to what area. I find 100 mg over the top of my head completely solves my itch without steroids and stopped my hair loss dead.

If you're also using dut, you'll need less. I can't possibly estimate how much. Odds are you don't need dut and RU. If you step up to a 5% RU solution and use 2 mL over the top of your head and along the hairline/temples that will probably do it.

If you tolerate the dut and you do that with the RU I can't see how you could lose hair at all. Add some minoxidil for regrowth and you should be perfect. If you want full insurance keep on the dut and go up to 5% RU at 2 mL per day as suggested. That's the strongest antiandrogen therapy you can get without turning tranny.

thanks for the advice bro

ItWontBeMe

Machine
sephy said:

How long did it take you to see results with minox (was it Rogaine)? And was it on your temples? Why'd you stop?

tbh

modified

hairloss expert
ItWontBeMe said:
modified said:

Very conflicted with where I'm going to go from here on out with regards to hairmaxxing. All I know is that I'm done coping and even if I develop irreversible sexual side effects with these drugs (yes, even if it's just hearsay/paranoia/etc, I know), it will all be worth it in the end. I'm the originator of the "looks, not sex" theory anyway.

But I do have a hair transplant procedure booked for September, AND I DON'T KNOW IF I SHOULD GO THROUGH WITH IT. Why am I having these second thoughts!? I feel like I should have tried dut/minox/etc treatment MONTHS ago, see if that helped any, and then finalized my hair transplant plans as a last recourse. Thing is, the only thing that was paid for was the booking (non-refundable, $1,500), the rest of the amount, nearing $20,000 (not even kidding, for FUE 2,500 grafts on an NW2-2.25) is still unpaid.

You have no choice. You have to cancel the hair transplant. You cannot responsibly get a hair transplant unless you are stable on a hair loss regimen for at least 1 year. If you are lucky, you might even regain a Norwood in that time without surgery.

You don't need to lose your deposit. I was actually in the same boat a year ago. I paid around that amount deposit to my hair transplant surgeon. Then 1 week later I changed my mind, realized I needed to give my meds more time to work, and also realized I needed FROST more than a transplant.

I emailed my surgeon and explained that I was just starting a new hair regimen which was providing positive results and I wanted to wait a year before getting transplant to see how much benefit it would give. I told them I 100% still wanted a hair transplant no matter what, but that it would just need to be put off a bit and I would let them know when I could go ahead.

They said no problem, and are still holding my deposit. If you don't think that will work, you can also make up an excuse about a family emergency and no money, but that you still want to do it in the future. They will hold your deposit because they want the rest of that 20K.

I personally will probably still get some FUE after FROST to hide the scar, so I legit will use mine in the end. Maybe you will use yours too eventually. But not yet.

Molasses

Joke
modified said:
Norwooding Ethnik said:

IS RU alone sufficient or do we need fin?

I'm not counting on regrowth because my hair has been shedding for years.

I'll get a transplant for regrowth

I want to use steroids, only thing holding me back is hair

Can I do it without shedding?

ItWontBeMe

Machine
modified said:
ItWontBeMe said:

You have no choice. You have to cancel the hair transplant. You cannot responsibly get a hair transplant unless you are stable on a hair loss regimen for at least 1 year. If you are lucky, you might even regain a Norwood in that time without surgery.

You don't need to lose your deposit. I was actually in the same boat a year ago. I paid around that amount deposit to my hair transplant surgeon. Then 1 week later I changed my mind, realized I needed to give my meds more time to work, and also realized I needed FROST more than a transplant.

I emailed my surgeon and explained that I was just starting a new hair regimen which was providing positive results and I wanted to wait a year before getting transplant to see how much benefit it would give. I told them I 100% still wanted a hair transplant no matter what, but that it would just need to be put off a bit and I would let them know when I could go ahead.

They said no problem, and are still holding my deposit. If you don't think that will work, you can also make up an excuse about a family emergency and no money, but that you still want to do it in the future. They will hold your deposit because they want the rest of that 20K.

I personally will probably still get some FUE after FROST to hide the scar, so I legit will use mine in the end. Maybe you will use yours too eventually. But not yet.
I am under no obligation to pay the full amount according to their terms (still have time to cancel, etc), but the deposit will not be refunded. I'll probably go with a story similar to yours (seeing positive results with my new hair loss treatment plan, will continue with this and report back at a later time... if not... bye to the $1,500! ... but hey, it could have been a lot worse). Let's cross fingers and hope that I'm one of the (lucky few?) who respond to Rogaine/minoxidil treatment.

sephy said:
ItWontBeMe said:
How long did it take you to see results with minox (was it Rogaine)? And was it on your temples? Why'd you stop?

tbh

I think I experienced sides but it could've been placebo tbhhh. Yeah just on my temples, lots of new vellus hairs were coming in after a couple of weeks..

:jag:

What happened to your post count bruh?

Anyway, this gives me a bit of hope tbh.