MewMax thread. Mew better, stronger. Post your tips ITT.

I've noticed one muscle on my neck is bigger than the other and hides my already weak jawline when I mew as it flexes it when I push the tongue on top of the palate... wouldn't this end up fucking my jawline since the muscle will keep getting hypertrophied? don't ask me why one is bigger than the other.
The muscle is one the under the ramus, and at the side of hyoid

By approximation I think it would be the mylohyoid

So im scared that if I keep mewing, it will get bigger and bigger masking my weak jawline...

SixFootSixWhiteMeso said:
I've noticed one muscle on my neck is bigger than the other and hides my already weak jawline when I mew as it flexes it when I push the tongue on top of the palate... wouldn't this end up fucking my jawline since the muscle will keep getting hypertrophied? don't ask me why one is bigger than the other.

So im scared that if I keep mewing, it will get bigger and bigger masking my weak jawline...

You need a strong mylohyoid fam, I have pretty weak ones which make mewing harder. I'm exercising them though.

tense your abs and open your mouth and push as hard as you can with your tongue against your palate, all simultaneously. This should strengthen mylohyoid.

asiancel

King of Chads
everything in this thread needs to be stickied immediately.

Psychopath

Incel
to Roid or Not to Roid said:
tastemaker said:
@Psychopath
You said I should mew with my mouth closed lol.
That's resting position. You need to exercise surrounding hyoid muscles to mew easier.
So I should open my mouth while chewing? But that could support mouth-breathing. And it feels kinda impossible to push the tongue up while chewing.

to Roid or Not to Roid said:

You need a strong mylohyoid fam, I have pretty weak ones which make mewing harder. I'm exercising them though.

tense your abs and open your mouth and push as hard as you can with your tongue against your palate, all simultaneously. This should strengthen mylohyoid.
Did you even pay attention to what I said?

One of the muscles is bigger than the other, when I mew and it gets tensed, it masks my jawline, making me look like a potato from a 45 and beyond angle (not noticeable on the front). This fucking sucks. Looks like you need to have a Chad tier jaw in order to hide the big muscles when you flex them otherwise they eat up jawline definition...

ugliest

King of Chads
just chew and dont mew, trust me on that one, too long to explain

in short your palate doesnt fall down, only sides of it(where teeth are placed), you can check this by taking in mouth pictures

your goal is to pick the sides of the palate up, chewing can help this but not mewing, keeping teeth in touch can also help(lower teeth set pushing on upper set and over time they will go up)

KingMe

Chad
Mew recommends pushing the tongue up on the palate against the opposing force of your masseters pushing your mandible up. Do not clench teeth but have them touching in a butterfly bite. You need to do it all day and all night for years to see any results. Keep your mouth closed as often as possible. 

Swallowing is also important. You swallow with your tongue only, waving it to to the back of your throat from a standard mew position with chewed food without sucking on your teeth. You create a negative vacuum between your tongue and palate and not with your lower mouth. Teeth sucking during the swallow being the primary cause of malocclusion in those with health jaws. Doing this with an open mouth makes sense because it will avoid putting a vacuum on the teeth. 

It all seems pretty basic to anatomy maxing. 

Another thing to avoid is using your buccinator muscles because it give you chubby cheeks. All those who are cheek sucking are just making the underlying issue worse. Also using the mentalis muscle during the swallow leads to lower lip being more exposed. 

If you are not mewing what are you doing tbh??

Simeon

Incel
to Roid or Not to Roid said:

One of the muscles is bigger than the other, when I mew and it gets tensed, it masks my jawline, making me look like a potato from a 45 and beyond angle (not noticeable on the front). This fucking sucks. Looks like you need to have a Chad tier jaw in order to hide the big muscles when you flex them otherwise they eat up jawline definition...
I have the same problem. When i flex my mylohyiod it became like 3 time bigger then resting. Could you send a picture of yours?

Simeon said:

I have the same problem. When i flex my mylohyiod it became like 3 time bigger then resting. Could you send a picture of yours?
I cant, but that's the thing. When I mew , the muscle on one side is bigger than the other side, so I can really notice the jawline on that side becomes weaker when I tense the muscle. It fucking sucks because my profile looks better when I mew since it raises the hyoid and the submental angle becomes straight, at the tradeoff of fucking up your 45 degree angle with the tensed mylohyiod... sub8's just cant win. I doubt I can do anything about this other than a jaw implant to enlarge my jaw volume so the muscle hide doesn't bulge as much hiding the god damn jawline.

KingMe

Chad
Simeon said:
I cant, but that's the thing. When I mew , the muscle on one side is bigger than the other side, so I can really notice the jawline on that side becomes weaker when I tense the muscle. It fucking sucks because my profile looks better when I mew since it raises the hyoid and the submental angle becomes straight, at the tradeoff of fucking up your 45 degree angle with the tensed mylohyiod... sub8's just cant win. I doubt I can do anything about this other than a jaw implant to enlarge my jaw volume so the muscle hide doesn't bulge as much hiding the god damn jawline.
Almost everyone has masseter asymmetries because your body has a dominant side, stop fixating on it.

KingMe said:
Almost everyone has masseter asymmetries because your body has a dominant side, stop fixating on it.
It's not the fucking masseter, it's the mylohyiod muscle and has a big impact on that side of my face. My jawline becomes non existent when I Mew so im paranoid at continuing doing it. Even when I dont mew its noticeable that my jawline is weaker on that side. I hate how im lean but I just dont have a nice jawline due lack of BONE. I need it to be moved forward + maxilla but I dont think I'll never get that surgery.

GloriousWin

Coper
It's not the fucking masseter, it's the mylohyiod muscle and has a big impact on that side of my face. My jawline becomes non existent when I Mew so im paranoid at continuing doing it. Even when I dont mew its noticeable that my jawline is weaker on that side. I hate how im lean but I just dont have a nice jawline due lack of BONE. I need it to be moved forward + maxilla but I dont think I'll never get that surgery.
If you're also chewing, it should be building up your masseter muscle, which will look like jaw, even though it's technically muscle.