Mewing side effect

I noticed from the start that it is impossible to push the tonguue to the roof of the mouth without working these muscles that work from the chin the the hyoid. The practice of pushing the tongue to the roof had manage to immediately sharpen the jawline by pulling up everything under the jaw but the part right at the chin instead pushes down from flexing and contracting.

I took some pictures to see how things changed. Found a small midface ratio and fWHR improvement as I am now 0.89 midface in width/height and fWHR is now 1.7 rather than 1.67. When I decided to look at profile there is no noticeable improvement in maxilla forward projection but I don't mind since mine nearly projects as much as O'Pry, but the appearance of my chin is so round from the profile view now, really shitty looking type of round.

Peanuts

Incel
I don't think Mew ever recommended pushing upwards hard for long periods of time?

Dr. Phil

Subhuman
scar_face40 said:
Holy fuarkk at Mew's gonial angle...
His brother doesn't have as good bone structure though. I would like to believe he mews as well.

Maximus said:
Then how do you explain this?

Profile amogs MMs hard

Gonial Angle of the GODS!!!

My only idea on how this works. My Hyoid bone is above my chin where it should be, but without the ramus the gonion is above it rather than below or on level

My angle isn't shit but could be better.

Dr. Phil

Subhuman
merlin said:
Machiavellian said:

I noticed from the start that it is impossible to push the tonguue to the roof of the mouth without working these muscles that work from the chin the the hyoid. The practice of pushing the tongue to the roof had manage to immediately sharpen the jawline by pulling up everything under the jaw but the part right at the chin instead pushes down from flexing and contracting.

I took some pictures to see how things changed. Found a small midface ratio and fWHR improvement as I am now 0.89 midface in width/height and fWHR is now 1.7 rather than 1.67. When I decided to look at profile there is no noticeable improvement in maxilla forward projection but I don't mind since mine nearly projects as much as O'Pry, but the appearance of my chin is so round from the profile view now, really shitty looking type of round.
You may not be pushing your whole tongue onto the roof of your mouth. I've noticed when I press the tip of my tongue to the roof of my mouth I get a contraction of the muscles below the chin that you talk about, I can feel the muscles below my chin bulging out downwards. However, I don't get this when my entire tongue is flat the roof of my mouth. Try sucking the back of your tongue into your soft palate. In one of his videos Mew describes holding your breath while doing this and feeling the full force of your tongue against the entire roof of the mouth.
I'm pretty certain that many people mew incorrectly and won't get results.

merlin said:
You may not be pushing your whole tongue onto the roof of your mouth. I've noticed when I press the tip of my tongue to the roof of my mouth I get a contraction of the muscles below the chin that you talk about, I can feel the muscles below my chin bulging out downwards. However, I don't get this when my entire tongue is flat the roof of my mouth. Try sucking the back of your tongue into your soft palate. In one of his videos Mew describes holding your breath while doing this and feeling the full force of your tongue against the entire roof of the mouth.
Actually tip only relives that area for me and puts tension more to the throat while lifting the entire tongue up moves the tension forward to the chin. I might have bad muscle insertions on my mandible just lacks the appropriate downward growth.

I always had a round looking chin from profile, most a result of this muscle in front and over the chin, the "Mentalis". For my it projects forward more than the chin does. I am starting to lean towards a full mandible and chin implant so I can not just get the size and angle, but also the sharp edgy look.

[img=448x236]https://www2.aofoundation.org/AOFil...ry/04-Approaches/91/A20/A20_i260b_L.gif[/img]

Severe Retard said:
Interesting I have been mewing for a year maybe a little less and just took a pic and notice a big difference in my chin

before my chin used to project a lot and was very pointy now its meaty and thick and big(no homo) not sure which is better now it looks more generic

[img=234x413]
also i know i need a haircut I just woke up and its fucked
Not fully from side so can't tell how round the front of your chin is but the under side is nothing like mine, mine is really badly rounded

Dr. Phil

Subhuman
Severe Retard said:
Interesting I have been mewing for a year maybe a little less and just took a pic and notice a big difference in my chin

before my chin used to project a lot and was very pointy now its meaty and thick and big(no homo) not sure which is better now it looks more generic

also i know i need a haircut I just woke up and its fucked
post a before pic for comparison

Yeah, it's a bit tucked in, but it's still crap.

I legit improve by multiple points if I jut, but it hurts so much to do now.

IcedEarth

Slayer
scar_face40 said:
:cage:
[hr]
scar_face40 said:

and you can't even reduce your nose because your ears are big too, it would make you look retarded

lolita

Slayer
scar_face40 said:

holy fuck!!!!!

Ryu

Staff member
I miss severeretard.