• Stop coping, and start posting. Register an account in order to gain full access to Lookism's features.

Mewing can work in adults

Looks_Matter

Regular
Yesterday I had a pre-op consultation with my surgeon for my looming double jaw surgery.

Among other things he said that after the surgery I must correct my tongue thrust problem because otherwise I'm at high risk of relapse after a couple of years. So if the tongue can make me relapse (changing the bones), it must be true that a correct oral position (tongue on the roof of the mouth) can change the bones as well and advance the maxilla. 

He specifically said "after a couple of years" so from that I infer that it takes years for a change to appear but it's indeed possible.

ThereIsNoGame

Machine
I can understand how tongue posture advances maxilla, but how does it bring forth lower jaw?

Ascended

Joke
Mewing is legit. I just always forget to do it. I need some way to remember all the time

IcedEarth

Rotter
Ascended said:
Mewing is legit. I just always forget to do it. I need some way to remember all the time

alerts on your phone, there are apps for it to flash some custom message on the screen

Ascended

Joke
IcedEarth said:
Ascended said:

alerts on your phone, there are apps for it to flash some custom message on the screen

Lol I need an Official Mike Mew® App

IcedEarth

Rotter
Ascended said:
IcedEarth said:

Lol I need an Official Mike Mew® App

just send the guy an email and hope he won't think you are trolling him

FLAYER

Rotter
I'm sure it can, especially if by adult you mean someone who is legally an adult but is still growing. In mycase, I'm 21 and still growing slightly. I can shift the maxilla and upper palate by hand, literally- last night I had been mewing a certain way that pushed my upper teeth too far forward, making it hard to keep lip seal sleeping on my back, so i pushed my teeth back and up, making a minute difference that allowed me to keep lip seal. I've moved the lower teeth within minutes by mewing the lower jaw.

A week ago, and I also did this a month or two back, I vigorously pushed up in the alveolar ridge with both thumbs to the point that I heard a clicking and grinding in the nasion and the zygo/maxillary sutures. This hurt, and resulted in a dull ache for 12-24 hours