• Stop coping, and start posting. Register an account in order to gain full access to Lookism's features.

Melanotan No Longer Good?

garthen57

For the people that have the common sense to follow the proper guidelines, start low, and not turn themselves into Shaka Zulu, is Melanotan 2 still working well these days?

Autismo

Tier IV Morphcel
Depends on your initial skin tone tbh

I heard people use MT2 + beta carotene adjust skin to their desired pigment

garthen57

Autismo said:

Was more referring to the Skin Type I: Extremely fair skin, always burns, never tans. 

Don't know about the Beta Carotene, honestly never been too impressed with it anyway.

Also, this seems like BS but I'll quote it anyways. I question the truth to this- 
Skin types I or II don't have the same skin quality, let alone colour or undertone, of people who tan easily. If you take MT and hit the beds, you'll get tanned like that guy did, but eventually you'll get a build up of subdermal inflammation and hyperpigmentation. End result = you'll look weathered rather than bronzed.

I'd only use MT to change the skin's undertone from red to olive (no UV at all), and also with hyperpigmentation products so that the end result is smooth.

Autismo

Tier IV Morphcel
garthen57 said:
Autismo said:

Was more referring to the Skin Type I: Extremely fair skin, always burns, never tans. 

Don't know about the Beta Carotene, honestly never been too impressed with it anyway.

Also, this seems like BS but I'll quote it anyways. I question the truth to this- 
Skin types I or II don't have the same skin quality, let alone colour or undertone, of people who tan easily. If you take MT and hit the beds, you'll get tanned like that guy did, but eventually you'll get a build up of subdermal inflammation and hyperpigmentation. End result = you'll look weathered rather than bronzed.

I'd only use MT to change the skin's undertone from red to olive (no UV at all), and also with hyperpigmentation products so that the end result is smooth.

The key to getting a nice dark/olive skin tone is short term sun exposure while dosing regularly (that means you'll probably need at least 4-5 10ml vials). I took about 0.5ml twice a week and then just once for maintenance. Never got the "weathered" look and I am a ginger prone to sun spots/freckles.

garthen57

Autismo said:
garthen57 said:

The key to getting a nice dark/olive skin tone is short term sun exposure while dosing regularly (that means you'll probably need at least 4-5 10ml vials). I took about 0.5ml twice a week and then just once for maintenance. Never got the "weathered" look and I am a ginger prone to sun spots/freckles.
So essentially you're doing a low dose protocol? Taking a lower dose for a longer period of time and avoiding the whole Loading Dose? 

How many mcg/mg would that be? 

That's good to hear, I guess we can debunk that claim then. I'm extreme Skin Type 1, so was concerned about that. 
What were side effects (if any) you experienced?

garthen57

Also, here is some feedback from others I came across while reading through different posts. Thoughts?

"Take a lower dose for a longer period of time to prevent excess freckling. 
Source: have freckles. Used it 100mcg per day for the duration of the bottle."

"Dosed 50mcg ED for two weeks and then 100mcg ED for the rest of the 10mg bottle. I think starting low and ramping up very slowly is the key to this compound working with fairer skin tones without making moles overly dark."

"Don't dose more than 100mcg for at least the first month! For the few few weeks just dose every few days at around 50mcg, then boost it up to 75, then to 100. After a month of so you should start to develop a natural looking tan- exposing yourself to a healthy amount of sunlight will also help this process. After you become closer to the color you want, that's when you could bump the dose to perhaps 2-300mcg once a week, or even once every 2 weeks. You'll soon work out what's enough to maintain your colour, and the dosing you require will also depend on how much sunlight you are regularly exposed to."

"I think people use dosages and tanning protocols that are way too high. Right now I am taking 150mcg EoD and 10 minutes on the Planet Fitness standing bed a week (I maintain a membership because it's cheaper than a tanning salon). You can get sufficiently dark with less than 100mcg/day within a month. 250mcg is gonna make you nauseous and flushed, start with like 50mcg. Also mix it with plenty of water, idk why people mix so little water that they're trying to dose 0.02mL at a time. I do 10mL per 10mg."