Whis

Coper
I'm thinking of trying falim gum to improve my current jaw muscles as my lower third is quite narrow compared to my upper face. How effective is the chewing in regards of jaw muscle growth? I am well aware that the jaw is mainly bone but building some muscle around it couldn't be that bad. I have heard and seen bad cases of masseter hypertrophy any tips to avoid overgrowth would be nice.

Some advice and info would be useful.

piX

Banned
If you have no jawbone your face will just end up being round

Ascended

Coper
Yes do it.
I am doing chewing routine alongside some specific jaw training exercises and of course mewing.

Whis

Coper
Ascended said:
Yes do it.
I am doing chewing routine alongside some specific jaw training exercises and of course mewing.

What is your technique/routine like when chewing?

Ascended

Coper
Whis said:
Ascended said:
Yes do it.

1h+ chewing daily
Frequent refreshing with cold water to keep gum hard
Aim for a net even left/right chewing pattern

Ascended said:
Whis said:
1h+ chewing daily
Why just 1 hour? Better to do 3-4 hours. Also, OP, better to use mastic than Falim.

Ascended

Coper
The Big Dipper said:
Ascended said:
1h+ chewing daily
Why just 1 hour? Better to do 3-4 hours. Also, OP, better to use mastic than Falim.
I am using mastic. Sure try 4h...  just make sure to let me know in a few months how much you regret that decision when you are living in agony popping prescription painkillers x3 a day.

Ascended said:
The Big Dipper said:
I am using mastic. Sure try 4h...  just make sure to let me know in a few months how much you regret that decision when you are living in agony popping prescription painkillers x3 a day.
Um, I do chew mastic for 4 hours a day, and have been for several months. No problems so far. Prior to that, I was chewing Falim for 3-4 hours a day for several months.