Mandible mewing results?

My chin was slightly asymetrical to begin with due to unintentional bone smash years ago, but the visible asymetry was hard to notice through the skin and soft tissue. I am noticing it seems like the left end of my chin grew forward as the right didn't. Another thing I notice is that looking at my face straight forward, the left gonion is lower than the right gonion.

I think I know the cause. For some reason my right side molars would make contact before my left side. I can have my teeth together with no pressure but it only touches on right until I apply force and than the left makes contact.

I also noticed from the beginning of mewing that my jaw clicks when I focus on one side but not the other, usually only if I use cold water with the falim or the first minute of a fresh piece.

I'd say that I saw some obvious visual changes in mandible remodeling now. I am going to mew with no teeth contact (opposite of mews suggestion) and than do that full force clench while swallowing that Mew suggested. Need to maintain symmetry rather than acquire a god tier gonial angle and ramus on one side and normal sub 7 on the other side. Doing this still beats what I was doing before knowing about this (tongue against bottom teeth. no palate support)

Another change.

My bottom front teeth make contact with the backs of my top teeth always if I don't jut my jaw backwards. This may be more to do with my bottom permanent retainer breaking off from the bottom teeth a few months after mewing. It looks like this, metal strip bound with cement.

popped right off one tooth at a time starting 2 months into mewing oral posture.

Harakiri said:
Lol your retainer sucks

Funny thing is I was completely opposed to it and asked the ortho how is my jaw supposed to grow with that on. I opposed the braces since I didn't need them and I never used the removable upper retainer and my teeth never regressed back because my gums are tough as fuck. Lost my baby teeth way late compared to others.

Thing pops off and my jaw is changing now.

Just a kid and I just intuitively knew the retainers were wrong. Also I can't even fit that removable upper retainer now since my maxilla and palate grew without the thing holding it back.

lolita said:
what is mewing???

i am newcel so aware me

It is a word that this community coined for practicing perfect oral posture and breathing as illustrated by Dr. Mike Mew. The tongue against the roof of the mouth is meant to counter balance jaw clenching and this action of jaw pressure and oral posture remodels the face to change in shape to a more attractive form that one might argue is our ideal face we were meant to have in nature, but failed to achieve due to nurture.

This video should be mandatory reading for newcels

[video=youtube]

Updating this. The more direct cause of my mandible change is that this height difference in my right and left side molars has caused me to concentrate on my left side jaw more. The left masseter is a little more developed, that or the gonion flares it out. A test I did is if I bite with full focus on the right side, only the right side molrars touch.  Now as I use left only, all of them touch and the right side even has some pressure going on from the left side doing the entire clench.

Since mewing this teeth together thing has set my mandible to rest unevenly.

So now I am just concentrating on the right and I guess eventually my mandible will remodel evenly.

lltvyr

Slayer
If I removed my retainer my lower incisors would tilt back. I don't how a retainer can block growth.

Browcel

Chad
My bottom wisdom teeth were covered by my gums 2 months ago but now they are fully exposed. Not sure if that would have happened naturally, but my jaw is definitely less recessed and more upright now. I wear a myobrace while I sleep. It seems to really have a big impact on my oral posture improving.