News LOOKISM.NET POSTED ON GERMAN MAGAZINE 'VICE'

FatalFlaw

beauty is terror
how can it be well written when you put it through google translator?
Obv I can't judge it based on its sentence structure, but overall this article is just a list of paragraphs. Doesn't tell a story like Hines' article, just says Lookism is A, B and C, and then "this is what the experts say".

SEPRAY

SAVANT
Experts say Lookism is "self-improvement based on the neo-liberal performance principle"

:gosling: :gosling: :gosling: :gosling:

basdost

Cuck
Obv I can't judge it based on its sentence structure, but overall this article is just a list of paragraphs. Doesn't tell a story like Hines' article, just says Lookism is A, B and C, and then "this is what the experts say".
what article?

SEPRAY

SAVANT
The whole thing is of course not harmless. The tragic contradiction of Lookism is that men who suffer from a patriarchal ideal of beauty and performance simultaneously hostile to other groups who share their fate.

:what2::what:
'PATRIARCHAL ideal of beauty'

Leggit a woman can shit in your mouth while youre asleep and its still your fault that you provoke her.

brocode

MGTOW MASCULINITY DARK TRIAD CREW.
Masculinity Crew

:what::what::what::what::what::what::what::what:

LMAO CAGING SO HARD

superbad

Findom of the @TheMewingBBC 🥶
Bad article nothing new and nothing funny etc
Good thing i didnt answer that interview questions
Btw which user is the east asian german guy?

FatalFlaw

beauty is terror
what article?

usually there are funny quotes etc
This article is just boring
Yeah. Lookism.net needs to move up in the world. This is a step down. New York Times Magazine or New Yorker or death.

The New York Magazine article mogs this one:
Truth4lie had for a while tried to write a novel about his time in the psychiatric hospital.
The sight of certain women began to bother him. When a woman he hired turned out to be beautiful, he fumed online: “An 8/10 girl works for me since today. I’m going to dominate the hell out of her. Trust me, I’m going to kill her confidence.” Women with babies ignited anger, too. “Every time I pass by a pram, it fills me with disgust to know that she has ruined her body and chose to reproduce with another guy,” he wrote. Other users responded with gifs: angry WWE faces, a cackling Nic Cage. “Seeing women taking care of their sons is the only situation in which I don’t hate them,” agreed one user named Biebercel.
Truth4lie’s preferred Chad was a common incel favorite: David Gandy, the face of Dolce & Gabbana’s Light Blue cologne ads, in which the British model has a bronzed six-pack, a plump Speedo, and crystal-blue eyes. (That Stefano Gabbana and Domenico Dolce are gay designers best known for an aesthetic of homoerotic high camp was an irony most incels missed.)
:cage:

tysonfury

Cuck

Yeah. Lookism.net needs to move up in the world. This is a step down. New York Times Magazine or New Yorker or death.

The New York Magazine article mogs this one:

:cage:

i skipped through the thread i think i understand what you mean

however i disagree with your verdict

in my opinion she clearly put entertainment over truth. its obvious she clearly was specifically looking forr mentally ill people and giga losers like this guy

truth4lie was 27, depressed, and living in a student apartment after a year in a psychiatric hospital on suicide watch when a friend showed him Neil Strauss’s pickup-artist guidebook, The Game. Together they practiced lines from the book, planning to use them on girls in nightclubs. “Would you like to kiss me? I didn’t say you could.”
In real life, pickup artistry made Truth4lie anxious. One rule stated he needed to initiate conversation with a woman three seconds after seeing her, which felt like taking an exam. Still, he tried the techniques for a few years, with middling success. Eventually, he stumbled on a forum called Sluthate, where anonymous men gathered to “discredit the effectiveness of pickup art.” In one post, a user described coming to the realization that it didn’t matter what he said because of the way he looked.

The user uploaded a selfie, and other Sluthate posters agreed, mocking the flaws in his face. They congratulated him for “taking the black pill,” shorthand for waking up to the tragedy of being ugly. Ugly people, especially ugly men, they said, are destined to lead unhappy lives and die alone.

Reading this, Truth4lie felt exhilarated. In the mental hospital, counselors had told him the roots of his depression and anxiety were repressed childhood traumas. In therapy, he relived getting in physical fights as a kid with his dad and the time he punched his sister in the head. Cognition determined emotions, the counselors told him. By changing his mind-set, he could change his behavior. But what if his problems weren’t inside him but outside? Looks can’t be changed with a mind-set adjustment; neither can the cruelly superficial world that values them above all else. The realization was awful and great all at once, as if someone were finally telling him the truth about himself after a lifetime of fake validation.

The difference between a mirror image and non-flipped image of myself drives me crazy,” he typed one night, after spending hours comparing his phone’s selfies to his reflection. “I see all my asymmetries … How can it only be my brain?”

Friends and family said he had body-dysmorphic disorder, a condition the International OCD Foundation says affects about one in every 50 people. Psychiatric manuals describe it as an obsession with perceived flaws in one’s appearance that others don’t see or notice. But Truth4lie’s imperfections were perfectly noticeable to other forum users: weak jawline, feminine nose, small frame, thinning hair. To Truth4lie, their assessments explained why he hadn’t fit in in high school, why his ex didn’t love him, why women he looked at on the street didn’t make eye contact.[/font]

Truth4lie had for a while tried to write a novel about his time in the psychiatric hospital. He read Camus, who said that life has no great meaning. He pondered nihilistic theories posited on the forums he frequented. He discovered terms like “oneitis,” a disease of romantic obsession that enslaves men, and “hypergamy,” an evolutionary principle that pushes women to seek mates above their status. In a post-monogamy society, that means a tiny percentage of genetically superior alpha guys hoard most hetero sex. There were infographics to back it up, Tinder experiments with precise data. Beyond that, there was biology: Genetic wiring controls most everything about life, the forums’ users argued, ensuring the misery of people like him

The forums’ posters blamed their plight on women’s rising social power. Once upon a time, women without careers married for stability; today they inevitably spent their 20s riding a “cock carousel” of the hottest guys they could land, settling for an ugly or average-looking man only when they were old and used, i.e., above 30. Even then, women could hardly be depended on for loyalty. Showered with attention on dating apps, favored by divorce courts, beloved by HR diversity initiatives, women had become a privileged class. The forums rarely mentioned wage gaps, pregnancy discrimination, or sexual violence, except in jest.

“Truth4lie” was an early user name; over the next few years, he’d use others. His depression lingered well into his 30s. He started an online editing business and moved into his parents’ house in a small village in the Netherlands, where he knew almost no one. Most days, he would work from home, post on the forums, then eventually dress — leather jacket, torn jeans, fingerless leather gloves — and take a walk around the village, silently cataloguing how many people glanced at him or returned a smile.

it feels like she already had a picture of the stereotypical incel in mind (gigaloser, lives at home with 30, mentally ill- someone you can laugh about and feel superior to. like a monkey in a zoo) and then was actively trying to look for people who exactly fit that criteria.

but these people aren neither the majority nor the norm here.

"alex" and "tom" are more representative then this guy. just normal students with maybe a slightly underaverage looks or social life. with some problems like everyone but still somehow functioning. less dramatic, less entertaining but the truth.

and then she added some comments which are clearly troll or at least heavy ironic comments and presented them to the unaware audience as serious statements. which can be funny to the members here (because it basically trolls the people outside) but is still transporting a totally wrong picture and has nothing to do with reality.

hence i dont understand your comment really

Yeah this was the typical drivel about PSL and related communities. And it's not even good writing; it's just a laundry list of generic paragraphs. They're all biased and paint us to be a bunch of lunatics divorced from reality, but at least Alice Hines' article was written well.
hines did way more what you criticized (painting "us" to be a bunch of lunatics) and this wasis probably the reason you enjoyed it more. the more mentally deranged, the more far off to reality we got potrayed here the more "drastic" the effect on normies when they read it. and then we imagine their reaction and that is what we found funny. basically the core motivation of trolling.

Truth4lie had for a while tried to write a novel about his time in the psychiatric hospital.
incel in mental asylum. funny

FatalFlaw

beauty is terror
i skipped through the thread i think i understand what you mean

however i disagree with your verdict

in my opinion she clearly put entertainment over truth. its obvious she clearly was specifically looking forr mentally ill people and giga losers like this guy

it feels like she already had a picture of the stereotypical incel in mind (gigaloser, lives at home with 30, mentally ill- someone you can laugh about and feel superior to. like a monkey in a zoo) and then was actively trying to look for people who exactly fit that criteria.

but these people aren neither the majority nor the norm here.

"alex" and "tom" are more representative then this guy. just normal students with maybe a slightly underaverage looks or social life. with some problems like everyone but still somehow functioning. less dramatic, less entertaining but the truth.

and then she added some comments which are clearly troll or at least heavy ironic comments and presented them to the unaware audience as serious statements. which can be funny to the members here (because it basically trolls the people outside) but is still transporting a totally wrong picture and has nothing to do with reality.
Yeah I agree with you on the framing. Using Truth4Lie to frame the article did paint that picture.

I don't think it was done with any ulterior motive, or even any particular bias of entertainment over truth. I think it was just beyond her comprehension, and after going in talking with some Lookismers and Eppley with her own biases she decided Truth4Lie was just the most accurate representation of Lookism. Journalists who set out to write about things they want to are very narcy and tell themselves they do what they do for the truth. On the other hand this Vice one just looks like another assignment for the writer.

tysonfury

Cuck
Truth4lie’s preferred Chad was a common incel favorite: David Gandy, the face of Dolce & Gabbana’s Light Blue cologne ads, in which the British model has a bronzed six-pack, a plump Speedo, and crystal-blue eyes. (That Stefano Gabbana and Domenico Dolce are gay designers best known for an aesthetic of homoerotic high camp was an irony most incels missed.)
this is pure gold though. i sometimes really wonder how many closet homosexual post on these forums (unironically)

Trumpinator

Normie
Harmlos ist das Ganze natürlich trotzdem nicht. Die tragische Widerspruch von Lookism liegt darin, dass sich Männer, die unter einem patriarchalen Schönheits- und Leistungsideal leiden, gleichzeitig andere Gruppen anfeinden, die ihr Schicksal teilen. Dadurch eifern sie genau der Macht des "Chads" nach, von der sie sich unterdrückt fühlen. Veronika Krachers Forderungen nach kritischer Jungenarbeit müssten also umgesetzt werden, bevor sich junge Männer in solchen Communities verlieren. Das würde vielen Männern und Frauen nicht nur Leid und Hass ersparen, sondern dem ein oder anderen Looksmaxxer auch die Rechnung für die nächste Botox-Behandlung.
Lässt komplett außer Acht, dass manche einfach wirklich zu hässlich sind um jemals überhaupt auch nur die Atemluft mit einer Frau zu teilen. Ihr "Journalisten"-Meute betrachtet das alles von oben herab durch eure pseudo-intellektuelle Brille um dann natürlich den 0815-Klassiker als Fazit zu ziehen.

Lauf auch nur einen einzigen Tag mit meinem Gesicht rum und komm wieder wenn du deinen mit der heißen Nadel gestrickten Text immer noch glaubst (neben inhaltlichen Fehlern hast du auch viele Rechtschreibfehler drin).

lookisIN

Normie
typical bs article written by a wannabe journalist
forget about german articles anyway, you are not allowed to talk about lookism or women in any negative way at all in german public and forums

I have never read any article about the red pill community, incels or lookism that even tried to come up with just one solid solution or at least to acknowledge lookism in some form

lookisIN

Normie
that's even better, it's an interview from this female "expert" on this article

https://www.andere-jugend.de/2018/12/interview-mit-veronika-kracher/

Incels are mainly white, heterosexual young men. They are obsessed with the thought that they do not have sex, which they supposedly deserve because they are men. In their misogynistic deception, ALL women want muscular, 1 meter 90 tall athletes, which Incels calls "Chad Thundercock". These women, particularly attractive "Stacys", spend their youth and their young relationship life on the cock carousel (A 28-year-old had sex with 150 men on average, according to an Incel forum), and when they are used up, they settle with a "Beta Cuck", an average man who is supposed to provide for them. There are of course racially staged black chads called "Tyrone" with all imaginable attributions

The driving force behind the Incel ideology is the glowing hatred of women. You feel through political rights. Women who have had sex are referred to as “roasties” because their labies are said to resemble roast beef (the myth that a woman's vagina changes with the number of sex partners unfortunately goes far beyond the incel scene).

Your ideal woman is a virgin, a minor and (sexually) submissive, it is best if she has never had contact with another man. Every woman who supposedly refuses to have sex with them, has sex with others, in short: is a woman must be punished for this - by harassment, rape or murder.
:spiderlol:

Last edited:

lookisIN

Normie
her solution: blame men and instruct Feminism

The work should be done on two levels: firstly education and secondly prevention. One should know what Incels are, what their ideology and motivation is and that Incels are already established in a patriarchally structured society. In practical terms, only an adult education helps: feminist education in schools. Critical boy work. As long as (cis) boys are taught that because of their gender they are worth more than girls, the seeds from which Incels can spring have been sown. This supremacy is a basic requirement within patriarchal capitalism, which is why the most effective prevention can only be a radical overturn of the situation.

Many claim that feminism demands too much and men suffer from this new, self-confident image of women. What would you say about this objection?

"Shut up".

The idea that men are threatened by feminism speaks the same tenor as "women deny me the sex I am entitled to". This objection reloads the supposed inability of men to accept the emancipation of women on women. At the same time, men are infantilized: as if you were unable to reflect that patriarchy also harms men!

Unfortunately, for many men, the resistance to deal with it rationally is too great.
That is why we must start at all levels to fight against patriarchal execution, which is also the cause of this gruesome argument.
Btw she actually acknowledges female nature if you read between the lines and says men should accept women for their lust for Chad Thundercock right here: "The idea that men are threatened by feminism speaks the same tenor as "women deny me the sex I am entitled to". This objection reloads the supposed inability of men to accept the emancipation of women on women."

:cage:[/QUOTE]