LASIK

coach

Banned
Anyone had it done?

I just heard about Optical Express for £9/mo to pay off having surgery - is this a good option?

nochin

Incel
taking out a loan is never a good idea.
regarding the actual surgery, i'd be far too scared by all the side effects and shitty results.

coach

Banned
nochin said:
regarding the actual surgery, i'd be far too scared by all the side effects and shitty results.

appreciate it homie, sticking to contacts till I have enough skrilla for the real deal then

Rudolph

Cuck
Check out ReLEx / SMILE instead of LASIK.

Might be the next big thing in refractive surgery.

lolita

Slayer
nochin said:
When did this subsection turn so shitty....

Op don't listen to that faggot 
I had lasik 
Best decision of.my life, I was a blind rat without glasses and I didn't know how to put contacts in
Went and got it done, recovery was quick, you just get dry eyes during the first 6-12 months.
That's all, just keep away from mobile phones, TV or computer etc the first month
The only con is that if you have night blindness then expect it to get bad abit

nochin

Incel
lolita said:
I had lasik 
Best decision of.my life
So what? you are just one patient. those who experience side effects for the rest of their life would say it's the worst investment they ever made. both are right, it all comes down to how high the chance of adverse effects really are.

lolita

Slayer
nochin said:
lolita said:
I had lasik 
Best decision of.my life
So what? you are just one patient. those who experience side effects for the rest of their life would say it's the worst investment they ever made. both are right, it all comes down to how high the chance of adverse effects really are.
??? Lasik is the most common surgery, chances of failure or adverse side effects are non existent 
It took my doc 20 fucking seconds only to revive my eyesight, (10 seconds for each eye)
That's how advanced and good this is, you feel no pain, nothing 
Of Course the procedure is scary just like every other surgery but this one is risk free
Anyone who says no to lasik is a retard imo.

nochin

Incel
lolita said:
nochin said:
??? Lasik is the most common surgery, chances of failure or adverse side effects are non existent 
It took my doc 20 fucking seconds only to revive my eyesight, (10 seconds for each eye)
Of Course the procedure is scary just like every other surgery but this one is risk free
The most common surgery? No, it's not.
Chances of failure or adverse effects are non existant? No, they very well exist.
It's completely IRRELEVANT how long it took your doctor or how long it takes any doctor to do it. I can kill you in 20 seconds. That's how advanced and good of a killing machine I am. (I feel no pain, nothing).
Again, this kind of surgery is not risk free. You had no complications, I'm happy for you, but stop bullshitting people.

lolita

Slayer
nochin said:
lolita said:
The most common surgery? No, it's not.
Chances of failure or adverse effects are non existant? No, they very well exist.
It's completely IRRELEVANT how long it took your doctor or how long it takes any doctor to do it. I can kill you in 20 seconds. That's how advanced and good of a killing machine I am. (I feel no pain, nothing).
Again, this kind of surgery is not risk free. You had no complications, I'm happy for you, but stop bullshitting people.
Then what's the point of this subsection? We come here to.get advice on surgeries and give advice, not fucking scare others
The adverse side effects = getting it done by some low life clinic, go to a reputable hospital to get it done
It doesn't even cost much, it cost me 3000 usd only
It's been 3 years since my surgery,I am done fine and so we're many other patients.
Adverse side effects are non existent, articles like thay exist for every surgery, be it hair transplant, c section etc so should we stop because of a bunch of people who had failure? What about the people who succeeded with these surgeries? 
Your kind is not needed here, we are here to get advice on surgeries and costs, not to get discouraged.

nochin

Incel
@"lolita" The point of this subsection is to share Looksmaxxing ideas and methods with each other. This thread sure can be a part of that, and your experience too of course. I really don't see how making people aware of adverse effects can be a bad idea. Lookism and it's predecessors have always had very mindless communities, shitposting left and right, not researching the supplements they take, and seemingly not even putting a lot of thought in their surgeries.

I mean, look at OP. I can literally see him before me, looking at an advertisement in his city, saying "Risk-free LASIK at Optical express! Now only £9/mo!".

Showing people the full picture, i.e. telling them about adverse effects is a lot more honest and allows them to make smarter decisions. If they are scared off, well, then they're either pussies or simply decided they don't want to take the slight risk fucking their vision up.

kibo

Chad
this sounds like good alternative to LASIK
http://visianinfo.com/visian-icl-benefits/
[font=AauxProRegular, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The Visian ICL is made of Collamer®, a highly biocompatible advanced lens material which contains a small amount of purified collagen. Collamer does not cause a reaction inside the eye and contains an ultraviolet blocker that provides protection to the eye. Collamer is a material proprietary to STAAR Surgical Company.[/font]
[font=AauxProBoldRegular, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]WHAT IF MY VISION CHANGES AFTER I RECEIVE THE VISIAN ICL?[/font]
[font=AauxProRegular, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]One advantage of the Visian ICL is that it offers treatment flexibility. If your vision changes dramatically after receiving the implant, your surgeon can remove and replace it. If necessary, another procedure can be performed at any time. Patients can wear glasses or contact lenses as needed following treatment with the Visian ICL. The implant does not treat presbyopia (difficulty with reading in people 40 and older), but you can use reading glasses as needed after receiving the Visian ICL.[/font]

coach

Banned
Thanks guys

@"nochin" 
@"lolita" 
@"kibo"

kibo

Chad
ASCEND said:
Thanks guys

@"nochin" 
@"lolita" 
@"kibo"
If you go for lasik make sure you have this tests about your tear production done.
If you already have dry eyes then lasik is death sentence because it will damage your eyes and they wont be able to regain proper tear production
From what i read,most of these guys who got fucked up  werent warned about severity of possible side effects due to dry eyes or didnt even have proper testing for this stuff.They were scammed basically.
Considering new technologies in this area i dont think you should damage cornea for no reason.
Imagine if you get cataract later,they will have to cut cornea again,and if you already had lasik i bet it would bring problems(i pulled this out of my ass but it makes sense to me).
Another thing is that as you are growing old your tearing production is becoming more and more shitty naturally as well.