• Stop coping, and start posting. Register an account in order to gain full access to Lookism's features.

Just took some pics of my new apartment

The first pic looks like a great place to have sex in.

Kendrick Equals Fire said:
Pretty small, how old are you?

23 just graduated from college.
I only took pics of a few places, there are a couple other rooms that I didn't capture.

swimcel

Machine

lol this guy. If you don't have a 500k condo you're poverty tier here  :giggle: looks good man, i like the wooden floor. Are you renting or owner?

swimcel said:

lol this guy. If you don't have a 500k condo you're poverty tier here  :giggle: looks good man, i like the wooden floor. Are you renting or owner?

Rent, I live inside a property management, not a random house in the middle of nowhere.

iamnewhere

SpoiledMaleModel said:
iamnewhere said:
Nice man, city?

A major metro area in the southeast, don't want to be too specific.

Fair. Saw on your other thread you're doing accounting I'd get out of that - far better options about (better pay, hours, promotion opportunities, similar exit opportunities). KPMG (for example) in the UK will have you on £45k (ish) in 3 years working minimum 60 hours per week. Food or tech sales has you working 50, less inconvenient travel, more fun, and you can be looking at £100k in 5 years (as an example). You can then move over into operations / corporate and basically leap frog every accountant under 35. Better still get into tech / renewable energy / food at a management consultancy firm (ideally a smaller one - pay more), do 5 years and (provided you're good) you could be looking at serious cash at a start-up. It's 2016, the corporate route's dead. 

My mate's godfather is a 45 year old wunderkind at a big 4 accounting firm, earning £1.5 p/a (apparently), anyway, had a few drinks with him a few weeks ago (mad fucker) and he was going on about how the grads doing it now are 'fucking idiots'. Get off the train.

Not sure what the job market's like in the US but accountancy is saturated as fuck and it's keeping the pay / exit opportunities down.

iamnewhere said:
SpoiledMaleModel said:
A major metro area in the southeast, don't want to be too specific.

Fair. Saw on your other thread you're doing accounting I'd get out of that - far better options about (better pay, hours, promotion opportunities, similar exit opportunities). KPMG (for example) in the UK will have you on £45k (ish) in 3 years working minimum 60 hours per week. Food or tech sales has you working 50, less inconvenient travel, more fun, and you can be looking at £100k in 5 years (as an example). You can then move over into operations / corporate and basically leap frog every accountant under 35. Better still get into tech / renewable energy / food at a management consultancy firm (ideally a smaller one - pay more), do 5 years and (provided you're good) you could be looking at serious cash at a start-up. It's 2016, the corporate route's dead. 

My mate's godfather is a 45 year old wunderkind at a big 4 accounting firm, earning £1.5 p/a (apparently), anyway, had a few drinks with him a few weeks ago (mad fucker) and he was going on about how the grads doing it now are 'fucking idiots'. Get off the train.

Not sure what the job market's like in the US but accountancy is saturated as fuck and it's keeping the pay / exit opportunities down.

Accounting is more lucrative in the USA due to more free enterprises, but one of the hiring manager told me I will have the option to transition into finance in a few years.

iamnewhere

SpoiledMaleModel said:
iamnewhere said:

Accounting is more lucrative in the USA due to more free enterprises, but one of the hiring manager told me I will have the option to transition into finance in a few years.

Well I can believe that, but at the same time you've also got less regulation going on, technology advancing which is making outsourcing incredibly easy (I worked for a firm who're developing tech which effectively means accounting departments can be run completely externally, as an example - trust me, it's coming) and an army of Chinese clones ready to work 100 hour weeks for £10,000 p/a. 

I also usually wouldn't listen to hiring managers (had this drilled into my head at business school and the people I know in recruitment say the same), go on Wallstreet Oasis and read the horror stories.

iamnewhere said:
SpoiledMaleModel said:

Well I can believe that, but at the same time you've also got less regulation going on, technology advancing which is making outsourcing incredibly easy (I worked for a firm who're developing tech which effectively means accounting departments can be run completely externally, as an example - trust me, it's coming) and an army of Chinese clones ready to work 100 hour weeks for £10,000 p/a. 

I also usually wouldn't listen to hiring managers (had this drilled into my head at business school and the people I know in recruitment say the same), go on Wallstreet Oasis and read the horror stories.

Most of the basic number crunching aspects are already outsourced, and it seems like the big 4 are only hiring more and more every year, it used to be impossible to land big 4 jobs without previous internships, but now people with 3.2 GPA and no experience are getting jobs.

I don't work in public though, I work in corporate and the hours are fairly standard 9 to 5.

fincel

Regular
i will always wonder how incels go through college without commiting suicide

fincel said:

I wasn't incel in college, but I had very bad high school experience.

iamnewhere

SpoiledMaleModel said:
iamnewhere said:

Most of the basic number crunching aspects are already outsourced, and it seems like the big 4 are only hiring more and more every year, it used to be impossible to land big 4 jobs without previous internships, but now people with 3.2 GPA and no experience are getting jobs.

I don't work in public though, I work in corporate and the hours are fairly standard 9 to 5.

Nice fella. Sound pretty good then. Big 4 are over-hiring and it's causing inefficiencies (according to the guy from the other day), it's all a circle-jerk competition. Getting a job there is easy as hell now, but as I said in my first post the market's saturated as hell and it's keeping wages down as they're basically riding 20-25 year olds kids into the ground thinking that they'll keep the few who make it through (to quote my mate's godfather 'the autistic fuckers who get a hard on over it').

The market's flooded with kids thinking they'll become trained accountants and run off into industry with a 100% pay rise before climbing the ladder. In reality most these idiots will be stuck in audit into their 30s earner sub 6 figures having worked management consultancy hours. They could genuinely earn more as personal trainers.

You seem to be set though, good luck mate.

fincel

Regular
SpoiledMaleModel said:
fincel said:

I wasn't incel in college, but I had very bad high school experience.

ow many girls u fuck an what L the girls and whats ur L

iamnewhere said:
SpoiledMaleModel said:

Nice fella. Sound pretty good then. Big 4 are over-hiring and it's causing inefficiencies (according to the guy from the other day), it's all a circle-jerk competition. Getting a job there is easy as hell now, but as I said in my first post the market's saturated as hell and it's keeping wages down as they're basically riding 20-25 year olds kids into the ground thinking that they'll keep the few who make it through (to quote my mate's godfather 'the autistic fuckers who get a hard on over it').

The market's flooded with kids thinking they'll become trained accountants and run off into industry with a 100% pay rise before climbing the ladder. In reality most these idiots will be stuck in audit into their 30s earner sub 6 figures having worked management consultancy hours. They could genuinely earn more as personal trainers.

You seem to be set though, good luck mate.

Thanks man, after working for a few months I will start building alternative incomes.