Just a daily reminder how you tell if your maxilla is recessed

JustTheWayYouAre

King of Chads
Mine is about 85, the upper part of the face down to the tip of upper incisors is basically normally/anteriorly grown, but my lower jaw is fucked up, high mandibular plane angle, short ramus, asymmetry, everything is wrong (snb is 78).

heilsa

Slayer
snb angle tells you if your mandibular is recessed

nacho

uruguayan slayer
Maxilla is life
it is indeed

Pseudo-Prognathism or upper jaw hypoplasia is an underdevelopment of the upper jaw and affects the middle third of the face. This condition gives the midface a sunken appearance. It makes the lower jaw stick out, even if it is anatomically normal (= pseudo prognathism - false prognathism).

This antero-posterior condition of the upper jaw is often combined with a vertical deficiency and/or transversal deficiency (the upper jaw is then deficient in all three dimensions).

Maxillary hypoplasia is a developmental growth anomaly, but it may also be the result of poorly planned dental extractions (i.e. iatrogenic!) or missing teeth or is a congenital condition as in cleft patients.
A major concern of both conditions are the aesthetics.
Undeniably, both conditions are clinically linked and show more or less the same features. The sunken appearance of the upper jaw or the extended chin of the lower jaw can make a person feel uncomfortable or look sad and depressed, but this may not necessarily be the case. The bite is also a suboptimal class III or rand-bite. It affects the smile and most often a person's feeling of well-being.

Corrective surgery is most often carried out on both jaws, not just one jaw. This is merely for aesthetic reasons, but also the consideration of sleepapnea later in life. Surgery aims to reposition the upper jaw by means of a Le Fort I advancement osteotomy or Le Fort I advancement and vertical extrusion (with bone interposition). The lower jaw is treated with a lower jaw setback and often a genioplasty (advancement most often). The transversal dimension in the upper jaw needs to be adjusted often with a transversal bone born expander (Smile distractor®), or in the lower jaw with a tooth born device.

FMondego

C'est de quoi j'ai le plus de peur que la peur
Birds
how do you know your maxilla is recessed?

easy. just look at your smile

if you have what normal people call a "hollywood smile" you have a good maxilla if not you are probably recessed or have some other deficiency

look at how much his smile improved despite his teeth staying the same

he is obviously still incel but just look at his smile here. his teeth were so far back due to his recessed maxilla. disgusting