I've had a 45min call with a maxfac...

JustTheWayYouAre

King of Chads
He is the head of the maxfac department in one of the larger cities in the country with a lot of experience from the European clinics. He is quite young too with a surprisingly extensive academical and professional experience and told me he would perform a cranio surgery in an hour since our phone call.

He told me the genioplasty would possibly be a better option than lower jaw surgery or bimax for me, because of the risks vs. benefits ratio in the particular case. He spoke about side effects and how these are not related much to the extension of the surgery (i.e. small surgery can be potentially more harmful than risky bimax, etc.) I sent him my profile pics and xrays and he offered he would call me for free.

He spoke quite a long time about celebrities and their different growth patterns + yet similarly perceived attractiveness, about his bird friends etc. He also told me the facial growth is caused by genetic from 95%.

He also mentioned a well known thing about how orthodontic camouflage in a growing age always results in a jaw discrepancy if the problem is of skeletal origin and the orthos should prepare children like that for the surgery rather than camouflage their bite and thus complicate the future surgery itself.

He recognized I am incel and I don't think his advices that some of you would consider bluepill weren't honest.

heilsa

Slayer
Thanks to orthodontist my bite is fine but my jaw retruded - kill them all

JustTheWayYouAre

King of Chads
heilsa said:
Well, extractions + appliances may be a problem when incorporated in a growing age, but the growth itself is mainly of a genetic origin. The role of orthodontist is to estimate the intensity and the direction of the growth and treat you accordingly. You may be treated well by orthodontist and still end with a poor facial balance due to deviated skeletal base or your jaws me be slightly retruded because of the ortho but with a perfect balance preserved, you should blame your genetics, not the orthodontist.

He told me my upper jaw is not protruded enough to warrant its surgical setback. :dd
[hr]
RodgerRabbit said:
Sounds very legit. How do you afford it? Does your budget cover all your necessary surgeries?

Fuck I wish I could afford surgery already. Being poor working class is the bane of my fucking existence.  :mad:

JustTheWayYouAre said:
He also mentioned a well known thing about how orthodontic camouflage in a growing age always results in a jaw discrepancy if the problem is of skeletal origin and the orthos should prepare children like that for the surgery rather than camouflage their bite and thus complicate the future surgery itself.
I'm 100% this was the case for me. I swear orthodontists are a bunch of fucking incompetents.

Well, what he wanted to say was - your growth is mainly genetic, orthodontist can manipulate with it to a degree, so he can improve your facial balance or not, but the main problem is your DNA. Of course, if the ortho is incompetent, he can possibly fuck up your already poor growth pattern to a degree, or he may just camouflage your alredy poorn growth pattern, or he may reach the facial balance, it is on the case on case basis.

I am not sure whether to undergo surgery or not. This maxfac said my pretreatment would be difficult due to ortho camouflage from puberty and takes a lot of time, so that is why he recommended genio. But the surgery except for the genio should be covered by insurance...hopefully. The price of genio itself is approx. 1500 usd.

JustTheWayYouAre

King of Chads
sephon said:
heilsa said:

lol yea same. my orthodontist made my bit fine but my maxilla/mandible ended up being recessed, along with recessed chin. :giggle:
He told me if the ortho didn't camouflage my bite, I wouldn't need extractions now, that are necessary to manipulate my dental arch to the surgical position. Butnin eitherncase, I would still need a surgery, but now it is more complicated due to the length of the pretreatment and lost of the two healthy teeth.

JustTheWayYouAre

King of Chads
:=) said:
JustTheWayYouAre said:
I am not sure whether to undergo surgery or not. This maxfac said my pretreatment would be difficult due to ortho camouflage from puberty and takes a lot of time, so that is why he recommended genio. But the surgery except for the genio should be covered by insurance...hopefully. The price of genio itself is approx. 1500 usd.
That's cheap AF. If you want to speed up process of pre-op orthodontics you can hit the PAOO/AOO/wilkodontics and do the stuff in better (no bone resorption), faster and of course, invasive way. By this technique, you can be ready in less than a year, but this is probably not useful info for you, since you are not suitable candidate for double jaw surgery, as you've said it by yourself.

p.s.; Have you asked him about Mike Mew ideology, where 95% of growth is due to mouth breathing.
Wow, thanks. I already talked with orthodontist and he is a very pragmatic, old man, he treats in an invasive, time-efficient way! But the problem is I am not sure what treatment plan, if any, to choose.

It is either a genioplasty, or lower jaw surger with or w/o genioplasty. I wouldn't benefit from double jaw surgery, since the main point would be to rotate my yet quite flat occlusal plane to lower the angle of mandibular plane - that is, I obviously have quite flat occlusal plane, yet my mandibular plane, although still within norms, is, at least optically, a bit steep.

I didn't mention orthotropics and Mike Mew, I highly doubt he knows this grey area of orthodontics.

TheTrews

Normie
You're all coping hard blaming your orthodontists for your retruded facial bones  :lol:

They were caused by genetics you dumb Mewers.

JustTheWayYouAre

King of Chads
Nautical said:
In what backwards ass fucked up state in the US is genio 1500 USD? LOL, in the UK its £5k which means it should be over 7k USD in america
Lol, I am on a low budget. I will either undergo the therapy consisting of ortho pretreatment + lower jaw surgery + genioplasty = approximately 3500 usd (the cost of bsso is not included) or the sole genioplasty for 1500 usd.

I wouldn't pay for the surgery whose price is about 15-20k eur.