"It's all genetic"

Magnus

Lookism God
The problem is that most people here think in black and white when in reality it's both genetics and environment that matter

assburger

Gigachad
whose problem here is fatness tho?

being  a lard ass is basically being volcel tbh unless its bcs of some health issue

Chincel

Normie
While I've always liked your posts because they weren't total worship threads or "it's all genetics" stuff, I have to argue that being fat is very much genetically determined. Some people have conditions or simply bad genes that make them put on weight easily. The lack of effort we usually ascribe to fat people can also be genetic as they probably have an imbalance of chemicals in their brains. There are people who are bound to fail in their efforts to lose weight due to these deficits.

I see people who put on a lot of weight as being exposed by nature for being inferior. The elites don't put on weight in the same way and also have good combinations of chemicals in their brains. It's similar to xenoestrogens, just like with the amount of calories available to people now, they weren't a factor to the average person centuries ago. These things expose the weak from the strong and make it easier to choose a mate.

UglyNormalFag

serial dog molester
Magnus said:
The problem is that most people here think in black and white when in reality it's both genetics and environment that matter
Genetics affect whether the environmental factors affect you. For example with allergies and mouthbreathing.. you either have allergies to certain things or you don't. Also, if you aren't malnourished and have an average diet then it shouldn't affect you much.

Anakind

King of Chads
UglyNormalFag said:
Genetics affect whether the environmental factors affect you. For example with allergies and mouthbreathing.. you either have allergies to certain things or you don't. Also, if you aren't malnourished and have an average diet then it shouldn't affect you much.
I believed that too. However, research shows more and more that allergies are mostly the long term consequences of certain lifestyles that started very early in life (pregnancy or early childhood). Shit like overuse of antibiotics or formula instead of breastfeeding has a much higher statistical significance than genetic factors.

Certain genetic variants just shift the risk factors to a higher percentage. But exactly that shows why environmental factors are so incredibly important in order to not let a genetic predisposition play out.

Chincel

Normie
Anakind said:
UglyNormalFag said:
I believed that too. However, research shows more and more that allergies are mostly the long term consequences of certain lifestyles that started very early in life (pregnancy or early childhood). Shit like overuse of antibiotics or formula instead of breastfeeding has a much higher statistical significance than genetic factors.

Certain genetic variants just shift the risk factors to a higher percentage. But exactly that shows why environmental factors are so incredibly important in order to not let a genetic predisposition play out.
Yes, but you can argue that their genetics are simply being exposed as weak.

Anakind

King of Chads
Chincel said:
Anakind said:

We don't know. How man chads have "bad genes" that never played a role b/c other beneficial factors overcompensated?

Chincel

Normie
Anakind said:
Chincel said:
We don't know. How man chads have "bad genes" that never played a role b/c other beneficial factors overcompensated?
What do you mean, other genetic variants or that their looks allowed them to breed with defects?

Anakind

King of Chads
Chincel said:
Anakind said:
What do you mean, other genetic variants or that their looks allowed them to breed with defects?
I mean epigenetic factors. A "bad gene" is irrelevant if it's turned off just like a "good gene" is useless if it's turned off.

Chincel

Normie
Anakind said:
Chincel said:
I mean epigenetic factors. A "bad gene" is irrelevant if it's turned off just like a "good gene" is useless if it's turned off.
Well, I tend to think about the immediate generation so if for whatever reason, the bad gene is inactive in a Chad, he won't be impeded by it and is considered a success. His progeny, well, it sucks to be them if they end up being affected by it.

Anakind

King of Chads
Chincel said:
Anakind said:
Well, I tend to think about the immediate generation so if for whatever reason, the bad gene is inactive in a Chad, he won't be impeded by it and is considered a success. His progeny, well, it sucks to be them if they end up being affected by it.
Pretty much. That's why some Chad and Stacy parents have completely failed offspring.

smellysocks

Gigachad
Rewind like 200 years and I guarantee you'd be hard pressed to find a lot of obese people

Only an extremely small percentage of people naturally have dynfunctional hormone outputs to the point where it makes them "genetically obese". The fact that 30% of Americans are obese means for probably 29.9% of them, it's their disgusting diets and lazy lifestyle choices that they refuse to change