It is PROBABLE that we are living in a computer simulation says science

Cloud

Gigachad
At least one of the following propositions is true:

(1) the human species is very likely to go extinct before reaching a posthuman” stage;

(2) Any posthuman civilization is extremely unlikely to run a significant number of simulations of their own evolutionary history(or variations thereof)

(3) We are almost certainly living in a computer simulation. It follows that the belief that there is a significant chance that we will one day become posthumans who run ancestor-simulations is false, unless we are currently living in a simulation.

If (1) is true, then we will almost certainly go extinct before reaching posthumanity. If (2) is true, then there must be a strong convergence among the courses of advanced civilizations so that virtually none contains any relatively wealthy individuals who desire to run ancestor-simulations and are free to do so. If (3) is true, then we almost certainly live in a simulation. In the dark forest of our current ignorance, it seems sensible to apportion one’s credence roughly evenly between (1), (2), and (3). Unless we are now living in a simulation, our descendants will almost certainly never run an ancestor-simulation.

http://www.simulation-argument.com/simulation.html

[video=youtube]
Cliffs:
In “Are you living in a computer simulation?”, Nick Bostrom presents a probabilistic analysis of the possibility that we might all be living in a computer simulation. He concludes that it is not only possible, but rather probable that we are living in a computer simulation.This argument, originally published in 2001, shook up the field of philosophical ontology, and forced the philosophical community to rethink the way it conceptualizes “natural” laws and our own intuitions regarding our existence. Is it possible that all of our ideas about the world in which we live are false, and are simply the result of our own desire to believe that we are “real”? Even more troubling, if we are living in a computer simulation, is it possible that the simulation might be shut off at any moment? In this paper, I plan to do two things. First, I hope to consider what conclusions we might draw from Bostrom’s argument, and what implications this might have for how we affect our lives. Second, I plan to discuss a possible objection to Bostrom’s argument, and how this might affect our personal probability for the possibility that we are living in a computer simulation.

What's this mean for you and me? It means that because it is probable that we do not even actually "exist" we might want to start taking a few more risks in life as we are not even "real". But then again, even if we really are just bits of data, its still a miracle that we exist as bits of data in our simulated world.

Invisible

King of Chads
inb4 mrz "I want to upload my brain to the internet"

That high IQ incel figured out a nifty way to hustle money from IQcels.

He could have been a great PUA.

Cloud

Gigachad
Think about it logically.Whats more likely? That we are real world and actually exist OR that we are simulations of a real world that is able to create millions of simulations. The probability points to the later.

Cloud said:
Think about it logically.Whats more likely? That we are real world and actually exist OR that we are simulations of a real world that is able to create millions of simulations. The probability points to the later.
Doesn't matter, because the simulation is real to us. We cannot escape it.

And it's unlikely that if you off yourself, you get to load a save.

i have a thought provoking question for your (aspie)brain,op: is it worse to be incel in a simulated reality or in a real world? :confused:

lol i watched the matrix just last night. The creator of this simulation is probably some little shit who takes joy in our suffering.

Brostorm

Normie
[font=Open Sans', Verdana, Helvetica, 'Sans Serif]Nick Bostrom sounds like Nick Brostorm[/font]

Cloud

Gigachad
SEAN O said:
i have a thought provoking question for your (aspie)brain,op: is it worse to be incel in a simulated reality or in a real world? :confused:
I would think real world, but again, who is to say what is and isn't "real". Your inceldom feels very real to you. Infact it feels just as real as the incel from the real world.

hospen said:
Inb4 our creator is also a creation in a simulated reality and so on.

inb4 infinite creators.

We are creators too in a sense.

Shut it down
[video=dailymotion]

I think there must be something wrong with one of the assumptions, or with the argument for why we're likely to run ancestor simulations. Why would we run ancestor simulations? If we did, then why wouldn't there be cool portals to other simulations? Anyway, interesting argument.

RealRob

Staff member
Masculinity Crew
If youre really interested in this, check out this long ass presentation by this oldcel former NASA scientist guy, very legit arguments for the simulation shit:

[video=youtube]

JustTheWayYouAre

King of Chads
More like the usual mental game reflecting the recent academic standards.

But seriously, you can elaborate any proposition and offer a more or less precise argumentation with the use of formal means.

ugliest

King of Chads
feeling high iq right now, been preching this theory before these "scientists", feels good

ugliest

King of Chads
mrz said:
HEROIN said:
admin spawn me some JBs
Seriously I need to max out my JB fucking skill points.
[hr]
ugliest said:
feeling high iq right now, been preching this theory before these "scientists", feels good

"Omg...dude....what if everything is like...a simulation?!"

"I propose that everything is a simulation!"

hahah thanks for the understanding