• Stop coping, and start posting. Register an account in order to gain full access to Lookism's features.

Is this a recessed chin that could be improved by a sliding genioplasty, or just excessive fat distribution in the chin/cheeks

wyt

He reccomended a 100,000 surgeon at stanford, and with insurance it brings it down to 15,000.

Alternatively I'm looking at Bobek in Seattle:
Nothing but positive reviews on this guy and he's got a realistic 30,000-40,000 price range that'll be practically nothing with insurance.

wyt

Alright boys I finally had a consultation and the ball is rolling, I can get surgery and can get it insured but the options I've been given due to my facial structure are not super straightforward and I'd love opinions. Some key notes my surgeon hit me with:
  • My upper lip could not handle my upper jaw moving any further forward. Any further forward movement would have my lip being unable to fully close around my teeth. Looking at my photos on here I can clearly see this now.
So the two options are:
  1. Rotate my upper jaw and lower jaw, allowing for forward movement of the lower jaw just through the rotation alone. But according to the surgeon this would for sure would widen the base of my nose further and I already have a wide nose base so the surgeon thought this would likely be a net negative for my appearance and did not think this was a good option aesthetically.
  2. Move only my lower jaw forward, and since my bite is perfect the process would be removing two of my back teeth, using braces for 1 year to bring the rest of my lower teeth back into the place of those lower teeth creating an underbite, and then I'd be able to get my lower jaw moved forward a cm or two. But even this comes with the downside of forward movement with no rotation, elongating my face from the front.
What are your guys's thoughts on this one, I feel like both options available for my bone structure are largely detrimental, and I'm now leaning towards fat removal to minimize the bird jaw double chin and bird jaw cheeks, and just working with what I've got considering I get laid just fine as is.

Last edited:

wyt

Looking at a front facing shot of my face, my gut opinion is that there's no way I'm going forward with the rotation option as my nose has a solid size relative to my face, but I'm going to pursue more consultations about just moving the lower jaw forward with an ortho and will keep the ball rolling in that direction just to get a better idea of how that would work and look. Gonna wait till they give me a 3D model of the outcome before making a solid decision but wanted your guy's unbiased opinions because every where else I'd post for advice is just going to get me some feel-good bullshit.

index.jpeg

wyt

LEFORT 1 was out of the question because my upper lip couldn't handle any forward movement of the upper jaw without me have an open bite at all times, and any rotation of my upper jaw would additionally widen the base of my nose excessively and according to my surgeon my nose base is already is at an ideal state if not slightly wider than ideal as-is. I'm inclined to agree with the surgeon on this one and lower jaw only manipulation seems to be the only reasonable route.

I agree that breaking the chad-ceiling is out of the question but after looking into this with my doctor I found out that I have sleep apnea and a CPAP has been life changing, so getting this surgery just for the benefits of better sleep with no CPAP is seriously appealing.

Last edited:

FatalFlaw

beauty is terror
Alright boys I finally had a consultation and the ball is rolling, I can get surgery and can get it insured but the options I've been given due to my facial structure are not super straightforward and I'd love opinions. Some key notes my surgeon hit me with:
  • My upper lip could not handle my upper jaw moving any further forward. Any further forward movement would have my lip being unable to fully close around my teeth. Looking at my photos on here I can clearly see this now.
So the two options are:
  1. Rotate my upper jaw and lower jaw, allowing for forward movement of the lower jaw just through the rotation alone. But according to the surgeon this would for sure would widen the base of my nose further and I already have a wide nose base so the surgeon thought this would likely be a net negative for my appearance and did not think this was a good option aesthetically.
  2. Move only my lower jaw forward, and since my bite is perfect the process would be removing two of my back teeth, using braces for 1 year to bring the rest of my lower teeth back into the place of those lower teeth creating an underbite, and then I'd be able to get my lower jaw moved forward a cm or two. But even this comes with the downside of forward movement with no rotation, elongating my face from the front.
What are your guys's thoughts on this one, I feel like both options available for my bone structure are largely detrimental, and I'm now leaning towards fat removal to minimize the bird jaw double chin and bird jaw cheeks, and just working with what I've got considering I get laid just fine as is.
Rotation would be ideal for aesthetics bone-wise, especially given your gonial. You’re right that the nose would be a concern though. Would be worthwhile consulting with another surgeon or two and viewing a simulation with soft tissue changes.

Ibn_Rushd

ethnicel / migrantcel
So the two options are:
as far as i understood you you are only bothered by the fat under your chin (and the sleep anea) while you are happy with the resr of your face?

hence id choose bsso since this will only adress your weak points and wont fuck the rest of your face up

its also more stabble regarding relapse and joint stability i think https://lookism.net/threads/risks-relapse-rate-and-other-statistics-on-jaw-surgery.489088/

First, I'm lean:
View attachment 204105
But my face still has a significant amount of buccal fat as well as fat in the double chin area:
View attachment 204107
Here is what I'm struggling to assess:
While I know I have a godawful fat storage pattern (runs in the family), I genuinely cannot tell if my chin is recessed and if I'd benefit from a sliding genioplasty before getting liposuction on my cheek/double chin. When drawing a line from the nasion, it looks like my chin is nicely aligned with my face and like I'd probably not want a sliding genioplasty. When drawing a line from the lower lip, the chin could clearly use a little boost. My current conclusion is that I just dont have enough forward growth in the rest of my face, and while my chin is not in an ideal position it'd really throw my facial symmetry off if I got it moved forward, even if it'd improve my chin area, and that lipo or MMA is the only way to really go. But even with that conclusion I feel that I am struggling to assess this objectively and would love opinions.
View attachment 204110
This is exactly how my lower third looked pre genio, you are lacking in vertical chin height. When your chin is lengthened via an open wedge genioplasty it will pull all that cheek tissue down and make your skull taller. My Insta is patrickhatrickrick if you wanna see how it changed my face. I had same chin as you

JackHanma

Joke
Here are a couple morphs for you Bc we both have similar chins. In the first I just brought your chin forward slightly, this is representative of a relatively modest chin implant or genio. The second I brought it further forward and down a bit, and meddled with the soft tissue a bit. Be mindful of the mentolabial fold, you don’t want to excessively deepen it. I would say the second morph is representative of maybe a more liberal genio or implant, perhaps a combined approach genio plus implant as well as a fat graft and tissue release for the mento-labial crease.

I’m not the best at this, but I can’t say I agree that your chin is harmonious or that bringing it forward would throw off your facial balance, I think you can pretty much solve all your aesthetic issues with a genio and/or implants.

By all means if you and your doc think bimax is the best approach for addressing both aesthetic and medical concerns then go for it. Just don’t fly too close to the sun. Hopefully you find these images useful

Attachments

• C3FBD1DF-12BA-4DE1-BCAF-8CE63F9EF40F.jpeg
    C3FBD1DF-12BA-4DE1-BCAF-8CE63F9EF40F.jpeg
    190.4 KB · Views: 16
  • 7F382112-BD17-484E-B61B-7E1C556A65AD.jpeg
    7F382112-BD17-484E-B61B-7E1C556A65AD.jpeg
    190.3 KB · Views: 17

JackHanma

Joke
You could also get some jaw angle implants to finish off the look and square up the jaw / make for a more acute gonial angle.

I think you look very good from the front, no crazy model tier bones but lots of good soft features. Stellar eyebrows, great pheno. I would advise against anything that would greatly effect the proportions of your thirds other than slightly more chin height.

JackHanma

Joke
Also definitely get submentoplasty, consider kybella for your cheeks as opposed to liposuction.

JackHanma

Joke
LEFORT 1 was out of the question because my upper lip couldn't handle any forward movement of the upper jaw without me have an open bite at all times, and any rotation of my upper jaw would additionally widen the base of my nose excessively and according to my surgeon my nose base is already is at an ideal state if not slightly wider than ideal as-is. I'm inclined to agree with the surgeon on this one and lower jaw only manipulation seems to be the only reasonable route.

I agree that breaking the chad-ceiling is out of the question but after looking into this with my doctor I found out that I have sleep apnea and a CPAP has been life changing, so getting this surgery just for the benefits of better sleep with no CPAP is seriously appealing.

You can absolutely break the chad ceiling imo

JackHanma

Joke
Ok last post but here’s one where I didn’t fraud your lower lip, which is a bit more realistic as I don’t think there’s a way to bring lower lip forward without bsso aside from a lip implant or fillers, which could look uncanny.

Also included my morph so you can compare

Attachments

• 9FF9711A-BC86-48E3-97DA-9800009D6E2F.jpeg
    9FF9711A-BC86-48E3-97DA-9800009D6E2F.jpeg
    190.3 KB · Views: 20
  • 042B0076-89AA-4285-A780-99F144D7FE8B.jpeg
    042B0076-89AA-4285-A780-99F144D7FE8B.jpeg
    212.9 KB · Views: 20

Ibn_Rushd

ethnicel / migrantcel
This is exactly how my lower third looked pre genio, you are lacking in vertical chin height. When your chin is lengthened via an open wedge genioplasty it will pull all that cheek tissue down and make your skull taller. My Insta is patrickhatrickrick if you wanna see how it changed my face. I had same chin as you

bru where can we see it?

wyt

Thank you guys for all of the feedback, I'll keep researching all of this and for now will follow through with consults for all possible options.

lasthope

Joke
Thank you guys for all of the feedback, I'll keep researching all of this and for now will follow through with consults for all possible options.
i have also the problem that with lefort 1 my nose gets more upturned+wide as its already is

maybe consult and ask for additional rhino to countereffect it
this will be my plan