• Stop coping, and start posting. Register an account in order to gain full access to Lookism's features.

Is this a recessed chin that could be improved by a sliding genioplasty, or just excessive fat distribution in the chin/cheeks

wyt

First, I'm lean:
4.JPG

But my face still has a significant amount of buccal fat as well as fat in the double chin area:
IMG_0362.jpg

Here is what I'm struggling to assess:
While I know I have a godawful fat storage pattern (runs in the family), I genuinely cannot tell if my chin is recessed and if I'd benefit from a sliding genioplasty before getting liposuction on my cheek/double chin. When drawing a line from the nasion, it looks like my chin is nicely aligned with my face and like I'd probably not want a sliding genioplasty. When drawing a line from the lower lip, the chin could clearly use a little boost. My current conclusion is that I just dont have enough forward growth in the rest of my face, and while my chin is not in an ideal position it'd really throw my facial symmetry off if I got it moved forward, even if it'd improve my chin area, and that lipo or MMA is the only way to really go. But even with that conclusion I feel that I am struggling to assess this objectively and would love opinions.
IMG_0361.jpg

Last edited:

wyt

Unfortunately I do not have sleep apnea nor any sort of teeth grinding issue so jaw surgery is out of the question unless I want to pay 60-80k out of pocket which I dont. I appreciate you giving me clarity on this one, I'll stick with lipo and live with the jaw.

defeatist

shut it down
Gorilla Crew
Unfortunately I do not have sleep apnea nor any sort of teeth grinding issue so jaw surgery is out of the question unless I want to pay 60-80k out of pocket which I dont. I appreciate you giving me clarity on this one, I'll stick with lipo and live with the jaw.
you may consider getting surgery in asia or europe where double jaw surgery is between 5k to 20k

if just your lower jaw needs to be moved forward (depends on your bite), its half of that

wyt

That is absolutely a realistic option for me. Thank you for giving me this info. It'd probably take moving both my bite feels fine.

defeatist

shut it down
Gorilla Crew
That is absolutely a realistic option for me. Thank you for giving me this info. It'd probably take moving both my bite feels fine.
i would have bet you had an overbite or at least proclined teeth. would have make things easier and cheeper for you. your situation is a bit like this guy

but you have to decide if you consider situation "drastic" enough to get jaw surgery, which not only takes money but also money and comes with a few risks.
might be indeed smart to look if kybella or liposuction is satisfying enough for you. even though your hyoid bone might be a problem.

RMeth

Joke
First, I'm lean:
View attachment 204105
But my face still has a significant amount of buccal fat as well as fat in the double chin area:
View attachment 204107
While I know I have a godawful fat storage pattern (runs in the family), I genuinely cannot tell if my chin is recessed and if I'd benefit from a sliding genioplasty before getting liposuction on my cheek/double chin. When drawing a line from the nasion, it looks like my chin is nicely aligned with my face and like I'd probably not want a sliding genioplasty. When drawing a line from the lower lip, the chin could clearly use a little boost. My current conclusion is that I just dont have enough forward growth in the rest of my face, and while my chin is not in an ideal position it'd really throw my facial symmetry off if I got it moved forward, even if it'd improve my chin area, and that lipo or MMA is the only way to really go. But even with that conclusion I feel that I am struggling to assess this objectively and would love opinions.
View attachment 204110
You have almost no chin, lol.

Jaw surgery isn’t 60-80k even in the US dude (except for a few crazy docs likes sailer). I’m getting bimax + genio with CCW in 2 weeks for about 25k from a US doc (My doc was recommended by a doc on here).

wyt

What the fuck okay nvm thats going to be surgery #1 I'll be pursuing. Thanks for the info.

zjchaddam

Joke
First, I'm lean:
View attachment 204105
View attachment 204107
View attachment 204110
Yea

Also, who was your doctor hilary?
I’d prefer not to recommend until after surgery but if all goes as planned I definitely will make a thread in a few months. My surgery is in less than 2 weeks now so it wouldn't be that long. Just go through the doctor recommendation and jaw surgery threads, it’s important so that you know what you are looking for anyways.

But jaw surgery isn’t that expensive, most US surgeons will be under 30k if you’re paying out of pocket.

nonchaditsover

1/10 eye area
1616358402591.png

recessed chin is defined by the forward plane of your lower lip in relation to your chin, your lower lip protrudes further on the forward plane.
Your chin however is recessed from profile but it's because of your mandible. Your chin looks fine.

This is good chin projection

1616358560232.png

foreheadman

Rotter
Birds
I have the same bird tier lower third as op, no overbite afaik what type of jaw surgery would I need?

defeatist

shut it down
Gorilla Crew
I have the same bird tier lower third as op, no overbite afaik what type of jaw surgery would I need?
sometimes surgeons create an overbite before surgery by pulling teeth and then moving the lower teeth backwards. after that they cut the mandible and move it forward.

another solution would be double jaw surgery with counter clockwise rotation

wyt

Really appreciate the high effort responses from defeatist and nonchaditsover, thanks guys you've given me the clarification I was looking for and I know what surgeries I need to be pursuing consultations for now.

First, I'm lean:
View attachment 204105
View attachment 204107
View attachment 204110
Is your bite aligned? I’m asking because it looks like you have an overjet. If it not aligned, then you would need an BSSO. If it is aligned, then a chin wing and/or a genioplasty (with maybe a chin implant) would fix your issue.

Last edited:

wyt

Bite is perfectly aligned, teeth are all straight, no proclined teeth or overjet. Defeatists initial response confirmed how I was feeling, I really dont think a genioplasty or chin wing would work for me and would just distort my face further. I'm gunning for MMA.