Is this a legit routine for functional body?

DatzNotMe

Colez Biker Gang
Masculinity Crew
as a quick routine, of course with shit added in

choicebyforce

Regular
most that stuff is unnecessary

stick with jumping squats, those 1-legged slow side jumps, side plank toe touchers/normal planks, and a few sets of sprinting as hard as you can

DatzNotMe

Colez Biker Gang
Masculinity Crew
choicebyforce said:

stick with jumping squats, those 1-legged slow side jumps, side plank toe touchers/normal planks, and a few sets of sprinting as hard as you can

i tried this today and i can do the jumping lunge easily tbh for many reps(it is one of the exercises that i 'felt' the most)

what other exercises do you think i should add? I think shoulder/back dumbbell exercises are legit af they give me the most burn out of anything. 

also if I bike ride (for HIIT) on a stationary bike, what should my resistance be.

choicebyforce

Regular
DatzNotMe said:
choicebyforce said:

i tried this today and i can do the jumping lunge easily tbh for many reps(it is one of the exercises that i 'felt' the most)

what other exercises do you think i should add? I think shoulder/back dumbbell exercises are legit af they give me the most burn out of anything. 

also if I bike ride (for HIIT) on a stationary bike, what should my resistance be.

oh, thought you meant quick bodyweight movements only for a stable/strong body

if you're just looking for the most bang for your buck in time efficiency to work your entire body then compound exercises like olympic lifts or burpees which combine compound movements into a single long movement are the key

if you wanna isolate then go ahead. upright rows/lateral raises/front raises/rear delt raise and a very good functional exercise for rear delts and general back is face pulls with a band or bending over using a dumbbell

for a stationary bike, try to mimic a 40yd dash with max intensity

DatzNotMe

Colez Biker Gang
Masculinity Crew
choicebyforce said:
DatzNotMe said:

oh, thought you meant quick bodyweight movements only for a stable/strong body

if you're just looking for the most bang for your buck in time efficiency to work your entire body then compound exercises like olympic lifts or burpees which combine compound movements into a single long movement are the key

for a stationary bike, try to mimic a 40yd dash with max intensity
i want a functional body one that can figth martial arts etc.

a_nimbus

Banned
DatzNotMe said:

functional for what?  its only functional if youre doing exercises related to the performance youre looking to achieve.  if youre a golfer doing diagonal chops would be functional for instance.  if youre a shot putter doing one arm elastic band pushes would be functional for instance.

its a bunch of plyometric exercises and dont listen to faggots that say everything is unnecessary.  everything can break the monotony but for it to be functional it has to apply to whatever youre trying to improve your performance on, otherwise its another gym workout with a whole bunch of plyometrics instead of weights.

i do bulgarian bag spins because it improves rotational force and stability.

DatzNotMe

Colez Biker Gang
Masculinity Crew
a_nimbus said:
DatzNotMe said:

functional for what?  its only functional if youre doing exercises related to the performance youre looking to achieve.  if youre a golfer doing diagonal chops would be functional for instance.  if youre a shot putter doing one arm elastic band pushes would be functional for instance.

its a bunch of plyometric exercises and dont listen to faggots that say everything is unnecessary.  everything can break the monotony but for it to be functional it has to apply to whatever youre trying to improve your performance on, otherwise its another gym workout with a whole bunch of plyometrics instead of weights.

I wanna learn martial arts/boxing. Probably muay thai

this guy is a practicioner of commando krav maga (and his dad the inventor)

a_nimbus

Banned
DatzNotMe said:
a_nimbus said:

then do what he does

if youve never done lateral movements they can be very taxing.  the point of his skater strides are prob for conditioning lateral movement muscles.

i just do side steps left to right right to left repeatedly and then do lateral switch steps.

the point im making is that you should know why youre doing the exercises

DatzNotMe

Colez Biker Gang
Masculinity Crew
a_nimbus said:
DatzNotMe said:

then do what he does

if youve never done lateral movements they can be very taxing.  the point of his skater strides are prob for conditioning lateral movement muscles.

i just do side steps left to right right to left repeatedly and then do lateral switch steps.

the point im making is that you should know why youre doing the exercises

what exercises do u do?
 iwanna be a fighter

also my legs are my strongest aspect by far ( why i wanna improve flexibility of them also a bit and do a art iwth kicks allowed). many bodybuilders iRl have commented how my leg genetics are great and shit. Ive done some of the exercises like the steps thing he did side to side, done the jumping lunges

the one where hes swaying side to side is a standard soccer training routine. Ive done it with a ball a lot of times too, and imo its much better but I dont have anyone that would be fucked to be my gym partenr atm and do that. PRobably around november or decemebr I can get someone/bothered be going to the gym