• Stop coping, and start posting. Register an account in order to gain full access to Lookism's features.

Is STEM worth it?

If you enjoy it, you're high IQ, and most importantly: if you're good looking, then yes. It's worth it.

rugby1233

Rotter
STEM - includes range of majors. Be specific.

STEM is populated by subhumans. I felt like a male model in my STEM cohort.

maximus1

Regular

You need to know before you start that STEM is your passion. You want to do it because it makes you feel you have purpose in life.

Currycel

Regular
If you can and all you want is money go into finance, stem is a dead end career. Not even doctors are worth it

Lance_Armweak

Rotter
IntenseSuffering said:
You need to know before you start that STEM is your passion. You want to do it because it makes you feel you have purpose in life.

What? No, I just want a decent paying job and I'm 85% sure I won't get that if I do business or econ

Currycel said:
If you can and all you want is money go into finance, stem is a dead end career. Not even doctors are worth it

Why Finance and not something like econ?

Currycel

Regular
Lance_Armweak said:

Currycel said:

Why Finance and not something like econ?

Sure econ, it doesn't matter. What I mean by finance is to get a job in some type of banking position in one of the big banks

There really isn't many options to make money, the only options I see are STEM, finance or start your own business

STEM = low opportunity of growth but decent starting salary
Finance = Medium opportunity of growth, can become a millionaire if you get a job in one of the big banks
Start your own business = good luck

Pulverize

Regular
Just LOL @ anyone going into STEM for 5 years+ with the undeniable ulterior motive of making money to cope and use as a bargaining chip to get a LTR with a girl who 21 year old Chad could steal and fuck for free within 1 hour of meeting her.

:goodfellas:

swimcel

Machine
Norwooding Ethnik said:
If you enjoy it, you're high IQ, and most importantly: if you're good looking, then yes. It's worth it.

underrated remark. Being tall, dominant, overall good looking and having good social skills will get you far in the STEM field, since everyone in there is lacking those traits  :giggle: if you're only interested in making money then i suggest you get an engineering degree and then branch off to finance.

Lance_Armweak

Rotter
incelsNeed2die said:
STEM is a joke besides medicine, and any major can go to med school as long as you take physics and organic chemistry.

The job market looks completely fucked, I'm pretty sure no matter what I do I'm going to struggle finding a Job. Medicine just seems to be the only field that will guarantee you anything, but I don't want to waste any more of my life away.

UnWorthy

Joke
Is stem worth it? If you enjoy making someone else rich then yes, it is worth it!

Lance_Armweak

Rotter
UnWorthy said:
Is stem worth it? If you enjoy making someone else rich then yes, it is worth it!

This is practically 95% of jobs stem or not

Demgainz

Regular
You should not be thinking about that bullshit.

You should be asking about roid dosages, tattoos and increasing your punching power. Thats what makes a male happy: dominance and chicks. Not your bald, pale engineercels slaving away in a lab.

Pathetic.

FuckThis

Rotter
You might not even get a job after it,. It is a siturated field

Do you have high ranking parents who can provide you with a job after? If yes, than I guess it is worth it. otherwise it is a huge risk

Norwooding Ethnik said:

you have to be autistic to really enjoy it, imo.  maybe not so much on the science side, but all the TEM fields are for aspie dorks.

if you post here, STEM is the way to go.  there are more lucrative fields like law and becoming a CPA for a big firm, but STEM is the way for most guys here.

Lance_Armweak

Rotter
I said:
Norwooding Ethnik said:

you have to be autistic to really enjoy it, imo.  maybe not so much on the science side, but all the TEM fields are for aspie dorks.

if you post here, STEM is the way to go.

I'm not a complete aspie, what I'm really after here is a decent paying job after 4 years of college. I don't want to be living off of 50,000 a year.

swimcel said:
Norwooding Ethnik said:

underrated remark. Being tall, dominant, overall good looking and having good social skills will get you far in the STEM field, since everyone in there is lacking those traits  :giggle: if you're only interested in making money then i suggest you get an engineering degree and then branch off to finance.

this is very legit

it's the only real use for an engineering degree, imo.   

Lance_Armweak said:
I said:

if you post here, STEM is the way to go.

I'm not a complete aspie, what I'm really after here is a decent paying job after 4 years of college
. I don't want to be living off of 50,000 a year.
  maths/engineering and then go into actuarial science or finance for an MS.

another thiing you can do is get shit grades in engineering and then become a product manager and make 80-130 grand bossing around STEM dorks.

quick tip: despite what your daddy told you, most engineers actually make between 50-80k  :shock:, which is a bogus income at the lower end.

Lance_Armweak

Rotter
I said:
swimcel said:

this is very legit

it's the only real use for an engineering degree, imo.   

Lance_Armweak said:

I'm not a complete aspie, what I'm really after here is a decent paying job after 4 years of college
. I don't want to be living off of 50,000 a year.
  maths/engineering and then go into actuarial science or finance for an MS.

another thiing you can do is get shit grades in engineering and then become a product manager and make 80-130 grand bossing around STEM dorks.

quick tip: despite what your daddy told you, most engineers actually make between 50-80k  :shock:, which is a bogus income at the lower end.

I sort of expected this, I just don't know what to do. I don't want to end up jobless after college. Right now the only 2 things I can think of are Engineering and Finance. I've thought about becoming a dentist, but honestly I'm such a lazy cunt.

:what:

Severe Aspie

Regular
Lance_Armweak said:
I don't know, it seems like such a boring and plain life.

Here you got your answer. If something seems for you plain and boring then it has absolutely no worth. you will just hate your life because remind that once you work you dont have the freetime anymore you have now.
You have to work from 9 to 5 all thoroughout the year and only 2-3 weeks leave.

So 90% of your lifetime you will spent working. and if you spent 90% of your lifetime doing things you hate and find boring you will end up killing your self

do something which gives you purporse in life.

if it is just about the money, then do finance. easier degree, with easier maths, and higher salary.. but i dont know if thats your purpose in life.

Many people either have a special interst they love so they can follow it.. so study a certain STEM degree.

Some people might feel fullfillment and satisfaction when they help other people and make the world a better place.
So going to medical school would be a good thing in that case(helping people, making world better, and earning good money frm it)

or maybe you go into the pharmacy industry with the purpose of developing medicals which improve people lifes.

what ever you do you have to see a purpose in it.