Is sex a basic human need?

poobear

Administrator
Staff member
Finally a NW thread where I don't need to visit dictionary.com

N

National Shitposting Agency

It's obviously not required for individual survival, but if the basic needs are the minimum required to have a satisfying life, then yes (although there are probably asexuals and schizoids out there who have no desire for sex and are perfectly fulfilled with masturbation).

I have to agree with maslow because without hooker sex and regular masturbation I'm horrible, yes even worse than I'm here, it's a complete mindfuck that the media as well as parents tell you sex is a luxury that you must earn.

rigidity

Slayer
Sex with guys like you, norwood, is a type of torture originally given to women accused of witchcraft.

Blond

Coper
Oldcels
I could go without sex for several years and it didn't have a big impact on my well-being, so I'd say no.

I think masturbating is enough to get past that first level of the hierarchy. But getting past sexual intimacy on the third level, yeah ain't nothin gonna fix that but a flesh and blood woman

allindaeyes

Banned
Maximus said:
The man's body is designed for sex and men who are healthy always have a very strong desire for sex, stronger than hunger even.

It's on the level of food and shelter, if you don't have it it slowly kills you (incels die younger).
a lot of celibates live a long ass time

allindaeyes

Banned
mrz said:
why the fuck is the tag function still not activated?
I'm working on editing the php so that it works like the one on sluthate. The only tag plugin for mybb only allows the person who makes a thread to tag it. I think I've got it to allow people to tag threads if they have any posts in the thread (during post or edit of post), but making it so people can arbitrarily insert tags from viewing the thread without actually posting in it requires a significant amount of work, because it is very tied to the idea that it only should do it during post operations, and mybb only has hooks for mybb actions like post read_pm edit_post blah blah blah, so I need to completely decouple the plugin code from the post.php function which passes it data that is uses (I've already decoupled it as far as passed data goes), and also so that it can trigger it with an arbitrary event that we define, which is turning out to be more difficult, I can't just post to the function because it has globals from the mybb code that it is dependent on, so I need to either factor those globals out of it, or I need to find or make an execution path through the mybb code that gets to the tag functionality from an action that isn't normally recognized by mybb. I'm busy the next few days and don't have much time to work on but I will get it done soon, plus it is slowed down cuz admin doesn't want to give me admin and I can't setup a secure development environment for testing web code that easily from my secured operating environment.  Give me a couple of days and I will get it though.
wtf is your job

Workcell

Incel
I agree it doesn't belong at the bottom of the pyramid.  That's interesting about dopamine receptors.  I recall reading somewhere that you lose dopamine receptors as you age and they are not regenerated.  That explains why kids / teens experiance things much more vividly and get more enjoyment out of things. 

I'm 30, my libido has gone to shit, and I have anhedonia.  It sucks, but I don't really feel deep sorrow either, everything is blunted.   I'm just numb.

rigidity

Slayer
allindaeyes said:
@Mrz i mean what is ur job IRL how do u get money
He's a professional autistic pedophile.   If he becomes any kind of moderator here, I'm leaving.

Westphal said:
The longer you're a virgin go without sex the odder your sexual fantasies / fetishes / orientations become and the MORE DIFFERENT YOUR WHOLE PERSONALITY BECOMES! You become a socially unadjusted person with no social skills and no experience. And there even comes a point when YOU EVEN DONT WANT a girl anymore because the isolation has transformed you into an emotional and social wreck with no urges and libido. You DISSOLVE mentally and even physically.
> been a virgin 'till 28
> don't have weird fetishes
> am socially adjusted
> no one knows shit about my sexual past where I live, neither do they presume, let alone fucking ask you
> don't have weird guilt of missing out and shit

you have fucked yourself in the head and are jumping from one ivory tower faggotry to the next and you stop this vicious cycle by actually making something in your life, because mental masturbation only gets you as far as where you are right now