Is It Possible To Be Happy Without IRL Friends?

Joined
Nov 5, 2015
Messages
4,290
Reputation
8
I know I'll never get a gf if I do this, but I think I have to become a recluse to preserve what's left of my dignity.

Do any of you who have no friends feel generally happy?
 

Herald

Normie
Joined
Oct 10, 2015
Messages
1,986
Reputation
3
Pathologically Lonesome said:
I know I'll never get a gf if I do this, but I think I have to become a recluse to preserve what's left of my dignity.

Do any of you who have no friends feel generally happy?
I went through some tough times and am basically starting from the ground up in essentially every aspect of life.

Its really uncomfortable to have what little free time one has after work and study to go out and get wasted. Sometimes, not always, it feels like taking two steps forward then one step back when you do that. 

But the vast majority of people don't feel like this and are ok with their lives, even if their leisure time leaves them stagnant and further demotivated when workceling on Monday comes along. 

Personally, I can't join people and their idea of "fun" when I know its all cope. I'm better off building my character and lifemaxxing and eventually finding like-minded people with similar interests while enjoying time with family, than "having fun" with your average bluepill normalbro (especially if I'm tight on money). 

(P.S.: nice post OP, these are the posts I like to see  :cool:).
 

AzzRaze

Slayer
Joined
Sep 25, 2015
Messages
3,204
Reputation
0
Pathologically Lonesome said:
AzzRaze said:
My parents are my best friends, srs~
Do you have other friends? How do you feel?
Nobody i'd consider as close as my parents. I suppose I have my older brother as well but he moved a bit ago now. Then theres my good childhood friend but hes just someone I text every so often these days. Haven't hung out in forever~

Tbh i'm a bit irrelevant to it now. Work, trade school, and shit make up for the lack of social life. At least in regards to how I spend my time~

Oh yeah I also have my lifting partner but all we do is go to the gym together~
 
Joined
Jun 30, 2015
Messages
5,505
Reputation
3
in highschool i had some cool friends but my dad is all i have now that i consider a friend.
 

FuckThis

Slayer
Joined
Jul 5, 2015
Messages
3,881
Reputation
2
Most "friends" are useless.
What can you even expect from them in 2016 other than cucking you?

If you lose your looks money or status no friend will even blink about it let qlone help you. 


You also do not need friends for gf,i am living proof of that
 

stamaster21

Slayer
Joined
Aug 29, 2015
Messages
3,170
Reputation
6
They need to be true friends not buddies but people who you have invested in and who have invested in you. The younger you are when the relationships happen the stronger they become because you go through life experiences together. Past the age of 21 everyone will already have small social circle of friends from college,work, school and will not be open to meeting new people unless you have more value than them. You basically have ages 13-20.
 

kibo

Chad
Joined
Jun 30, 2015
Messages
4,836
Reputation
1
Pathologically Lonesome said:
Genetic Shit said:
in highschool i had some cool friends but my dad is all i have now that i consider a friend.
>hates blacks
>only friend is a black man

:nod:
he is adopted so its probably white father 
:giggle:
[hr]
FuckThis said:
Most "friends" are useless.
What can you even expect from them in 2016 other than cucking you?

If you lose your looks money or status no friend will even blink about it let qlone help you. 


You also do not need friends for gf,i am living proof of that
Rate my friend:I tell him i cant wake up to study in the morning and he offers me to wake me up next time.He even offers me to wake me up at 6am before exam.He gets pissed off when i dont attend exam because i didnt prepare it.He is also fine for two of us to go in library early in the morning because its the only way for to get up,if i have scheduled something
:giggle:
 

D.R.

Banned
Joined
Jul 15, 2015
Messages
1,254
Reputation
0
I have zero friends, I doubt it affects my happiness that much, mostly what pisses me off are my health problems/lack of sex.
 
Joined
Aug 15, 2015
Messages
4,801
Reputation
7
It's more important to have a girlfriend-partner a lot of times people find a new partner and they stop hanging out that much with their friends
 

futurehuman

Normie
Joined
Jul 25, 2015
Messages
1,357
Reputation
3
FuckThis said:
Most "friends" are useless.
What can you even expect from them in 2016 other than cucking you?

If you lose your looks money or status no friend will even blink about it let qlone help you. 


You also do not need friends for gf,i am living proof of that
This so much. Has happened to me multiple times, and if I ever get a social circle back again, it will probably happen again.

To get social interaction now, I just talk to my brother, parents, or use tinychat.

social events are seriously over rated. Its like with women, business, all that shit. You have to bring more value, than they bring in order to make the rules and play the game on your terms.
If you can't bring more value, then really you are just seen as a tag along or parasite. Unless you have been friends for a long time, and your friend has some sense of honour, not to just throw you out in the cold and ditch you for a better circle.

Honour is a dying trait.
 

DOLPHMOGGED

Normie
Joined
Nov 28, 2015
Messages
1,332
Reputation
1
no.
we need friends, womyn, money,drugs, food,sex,validation to collect moments of happiness
 

YourFaceIsYourLife

LTR = cuck | Effort = it's over | Sun = life
Masculinity Crew
Joined
Nov 10, 2015
Messages
6,388
Reputation
1,581
stamaster21 said:
They need to be true friends not buddies but people who you have invested in and who have invested in you. The younger you are when the relationships happen the stronger they become because you go through life experiences together. Past the age of 21 everyone will already have small social circle of friends from college,work, school and will not be open to meeting new people unless you have more value than them. You basically have ages 13-20.
Very wrong. 
I see people on this forum claiming that often, but in reality it's very different.
Most people don't hang out with their high school buddies, and have no problem making new friends and circles wherever they go.
I know people who moved to other cities, countries and contitents and bam in few month they have bigger social circle than anyone here.
It's mostly people on sites like this who have problems with socialization.
 

AzzRaze

Slayer
Joined
Sep 25, 2015
Messages
3,204
Reputation
0
FuckThis said:
Most "friends" are useless.
What can you even expect from them in 2016 other than cucking you?

If you lose your looks money or status no friend will even blink about it let qlone help you. 


You also do not need friends for gf,i am living proof of that
Connections > Friends
 
Joined
Aug 15, 2015
Messages
4,801
Reputation
7
YourFaceIsYourLife said:
stamaster21 said:
They need to be true friends not buddies but people who you have invested in and who have invested in you. The younger you are when the relationships happen the stronger they become because you go through life experiences together. Past the age of 21 everyone will already have small social circle of friends from college,work, school and will not be open to meeting new people unless you have more value than them. You basically have ages 13-20.
Very wrong. 
I see people on this forum claiming that often, but in reality it's very different.
Most people don't hang out with their high school buddies, and have no problem making new friends and circles wherever they go.
I know people who moved to other cities, countries and contitents and bam in few month they have bigger social circle than anyone here.
It's mostly people on sites like this who have problems with socialization.
Most people here have low self esteem
 
Top