Is it more evolved to communicate through words or body language?

Foxx

Average Guy
Body language IMO.

Foxx

Average Guy
RememberMew said:
wut

If you aren't using both you're autistic.
Does word choice even matter at the end of the day? Unless it is only text I understand but facial expressions and tones can make any words mean anything.

Nah, it's both.   They have to come together,  basically. I think a lot of social communication is definitely non-verbal, but there's a subtle cognitive, verbal component  to this stuff that is so glaringly obvious when you come across someone that doesn't get it. 

I understand this is an unusual situation, but I'll bring it up, anyway.   If you meet people that are otherwise bright but lose their words when agitated, or in any elevated emotional state, and communicate through gestures, challenging behavior (screaming, hitting, running away,  taking things out of other's hands, etc), you start to see how incredibly important words are.  I mean, these folks very easily put out all the non-verbal signals before they do this challenging stuff, but if they knew how to handle their frustration by using their words instead of the behaviors I listed, things in their lives would go way smoother.

RememberMew

Normie
Foxx said:
Does word choice even matter at the end of the day? Unless it is only text I understand but facial expressions and tones can make any words mean anything.
Both are hugely important. Words are used to make metaphors and jokes which are two of the biggest elements of modern communication. Body language demonstrates confidence, which is basically the same thing as status.