Is being a mod a major failo?

Golgonto

140 Wesley
Think about it.

It's like having a teacher or chaperone try to join in with the fun.

It's just a wee bit cringe when some blue boss starts to smile and nudge with the other users with his staff badge pinned to his pinstriped shirt, like a complete fucking nerd.

It's why elite users never accept modship. They know how much of an insane failo it is.

Just look at wellthatsucks. Real up and comer atm with his new alt.

Golgonto

140 Wesley
It's a huge fucking halo.
Yeah, but the vibe of a conversation changes when a mod is present. It's subtle and I don't think people are conscious of it, but there's a definite buzz kill when a mod enters a thread and tries to fit in.

balanced

yeah, key players operate from the shadows and their formal status often doesn't reflect the scope of their influence. talking generally.

but the current mods are fine so it's all on them and their post quality

Golgonto

140 Wesley
yeah, key players operate from the shadows and their formal status often doesn't reflect the scope of their influence. talking generally.

but the current mods are fine so it's all on them and their post quality
I think it's also to do with the type of guy that gets chosen to be a mod

ptge is the perfect example: inoffensive, straight laced, never steps out of line, but dare i say, a lil bit boring?

High ranking users are a bit dangerous; some edge to them.

balanced

ptge is the perfect example: inoffensive, straight laced, never steps out of line, but dare i say, a lil bit boring?

yeah. I wouldn't last 20 minutes as a mod. I'd just check the userface, ban someone I'd think might get seriously pissed because of it and face the consequences.

ptge is indeed like that, but it stems from him having some rare qualities, so he's good

Golgonto

140 Wesley
yeah. I wouldnt last 20 minutes as a mod. I'd just check the userface, ban someone I'd think might get seriously pissed because of it and face the consequence.

ptge is indeed like that, but it stems from him having some rare qualities, so he's good
The urge to fuck with people would be incredibly high.
Zyzz would be my first target. A user that's low sentience, incredibly genuine and easily irritated.

inkel

Songbird
It depends on the forum vibe. If it's chill and mods aren't too powerful then mods don't really spoil the fun. That isn't to say that everyone doesn't naturally hold their tongue when speaking to authority, however. It can be hard to have a genuine relationship/connection socially when you can't express yourself for fear of offending someone above you.

inkel

Songbird
The urge to fuck with people would be incredibly high.
Zyzz would be my first target. A user that's low sentience, incredibly genuine and easily irritated.
I've been a mod on a forum before, I fucked with people indeed.

Golgonto

140 Wesley
It depends on the forum vibe. If it's chill and mods aren't too powerful then mods don't really spoil the fun. That isn't to say that everyone doesn't naturally hold their tongue when speaking to authority, however. It can be hard to have a genuine relationship/connection socially when you can't express yourself for fear of offending someone above you.
Yeah, there's always that undercurrent of fear when you're talking to a mod. Just knowing he wields the power to delete the account, even if the possibility is remote, is enough to spoil the vibe.

ARl

Incel

watch it retard...

watch it..

thin ice.