• Stop coping, and start posting. Register an account in order to gain full access to Lookism's features.

IQ is a retarded way to measure intelligence

LostTuna

Machine
it doesn't account for nontraditional thinkers like me for example.

LostTuna

Machine
etTuBrute said:
give us a better way to measure then, oh wise one

there really isn't, that's the thing.

basically i'm just saying take IQ measurements with a grain of salt

FireHaze

Megastar
IQ isn't perfect but it's hard to ignore how well it matches up with academic and professional success.

For example majors that people consider difficult have higher IQ graduates

High IQ people also make more money

LostTuna

Machine
FireHaze said:
IQ isn't perfect but it's hard to ignore how well it matches up with academic and professional success.

For example majors that people consider difficult have higher IQ graduates

High IQ people also make more money

strong cope

https://www.quora.com/What-was-Alan-Turings-IQ

"Jack Good [a colleague of Alan] said that Turing was a deep thinker  rather than a fast thinker. His IQ was therefore not especially high.  That description does I think apply very well to Turing."

I also think that you can be high IQ but lack the ability to solve certain problems, because of bias or lack of creativity. Some forms of genius are difficult to measure. IQ is a measure of the basic building blocks of intelligence.

It is obvious that the highest levels of genius cannot be feasibly measured. I'm talking about things like creative genius, the ability to understand bias and come up with novel ideas. One day, when there is human level or above AI, it will be feasible to measure some of the highest forms of human genius.