• Stop coping, and start posting. Register an account in order to gain full access to Lookism's features.

Indication of disinterest is what I experience on a daily basis

JustTheWayYouAre

Champion
Seriously, I rather do not stare at people than having to witness the expressions full of disgust and repulsion. The fuck off signals are so apparent it's even not funny. I feel like I am offending the strangers just by walking around.

The slut-coworker was staring at me like she was about to vomit as she was passing by. The filthy slut has obviously forgotten I helped her with some stuff a few years ago. Sleazy disrespectful slut acidfacing-worthy at best.

ItWontBeMe

Machine
Except for days where I'm feeling unusually confident, I haven't made eye contact with anyone for the last 10 or so years. When I'm crossing paths with someone on the street I just pretend that I'm looking for an address and I turn my head in the other direction. If I perceive something as an indication of disinterest, it's enough to ruin my entire week/month.

LordSUPER

Banned
So you mean women are actually scowling when they see you? holy shit that's traumatic.

ItWontBeMe said:
Except for days where I'm feeling unusually confident, I haven't made eye contact with anyone for the last 10 or so years. When I'm crossing paths with someone on the street I just pretend that I'm looking for an address and I turn my head in the other direction. If I perceive something as an indication of disinterest, it's enough to ruin my entire week/month.

Jesus Christ mate

inferiortool

Rotter
I have pretty bad sight and I don't wear my glasses outside because of this 100% serious.

ItWontBeMe

Machine
Marlon Brando said:
ItWontBeMe said:

Jesus Christ mate

I'm such a loser 

ik

ItWontBeMe said:
Marlon Brando said:
Jesus Christ mate

I'm such a loser 

ik

I just find your situation sad. I legit hope you somehow "grow up" or "get over yourself" if you like. I don't mean that in a disrespectful way I just hate seeing a life wasted.

Foxx

Average Guy
I get a little bit of everything tbh. Some women look at me as if I'm meat, some completely ignore me and others make it very clear they are not interested.

The worse one is being invisible tbh.

Of all the inconvenient social situations eye contacts are the ones most taxing for my mental well-being.

I develeped strong preference for tunnel vision, I don´t stare at ground as much as I used to, find it too unsocial tbh. However I´m pushing strong annoyed face/no-smile-ever/lurkers-be-gone policy though.

Molasses

Joke
It's mindblowing how thin the line is between beautiful and disgusting

On some days I get disgusted looks on others I get IOIs

Take care of your appearance as much as possible if you want to avoid indicators of disinterest

JustTheWayYouAre

Champion
Boyo Doppelganger said:
Of all the inconvenient social situations eye contacts are the ones most taxing for my mental well-being.

I develeped strong preference for tunnel vision, I don´t stare at ground as much as I used to, find it too unsocial tbh. However I´m pushing strong annoyed face/no-smile-ever/lurkers-be-gone policy though.

I suppose this type of fuck off signals you describe may provoke the equal response reciprocated by strangers. The people I know, including my parents, frequently describe my facial expression as full of anger, disgust, ire, sorrow, etc. The thing is whenever I feel better, the response suddenly becomes better. This principle has already been examined by some researchers from the department of social neuroscience at the University of Chicago. It's pretty interesting.

JustTheWayYouAre said:
Boyo Doppelganger said:

I suppose this type of fuck off signals you describe may provoke the equal response reciprocated by strangers. The people I know, including my parents, frequently describe my facial expression as full of anger, disgust, ire, sorrow, etc. The thing is whenever I feel better, the response suddenly becomes better. This principle has already been examined by some researchers from the department of social neuroscience at the University of Chicago. It's pretty interesting.

Another sick paper produced by deluded scientists who take it all too seriously.

I mean give me truck of mango icecream and fresh state-of-the-art JB everymorning and my face will play by thousand smiles like sunny afternoon in theme park. It´s that simple!

But since it won´t ever come to this I am gonna be all gloomy and agry till I drop dead. My reasons are valid tbh.
:pizzaslayer:

Foxx

Average Guy
Boyo Doppelganger said:
JustTheWayYouAre said:

Another sick paper produced by deluded scientists who take it all too seriously.

I mean give me truck of mango icecream and fresh state-of-the-art JB everymorning and my face will play by thousand smiles like sunny afternoon in theme park. It´s that simple!

But since it won´t ever come to this I am gonna be all gloomy and agry till I drop dead. My reasons are valid tbh.

:clap:

JustTheWayYouAre

Champion
Boyo Doppelganger said:
JustTheWayYouAre said:

Buddy, you are wrong. This exact thing you describe has been addressed in the papers. I cannot find the bookmark at the moment, but the research was focused on the effects of perceived social isolation (aka loneliness), and the stuff is out of the world. It reads like fiction. I highly recommend it.

JustTheWayYouAre said:
Boyo Doppelganger said:

Buddy, you are wrong. This exact thing you describe has been addressed in the papers. I cannot find the bookmark at the moment, but the research was focused on the effects of perceived social isolation (aka loneliness), and the stuff is out of the world. It reads like fiction. I highly recommend it.

So find it ffs, you might save my life LOL

I have a deep fear than if I increase the propensity of my outside time/activities like with work and such, that I'll inevitably fall into scenarios of severe IOD's. Worst ones being when you hear women rating men that walk past, and they see you and immediately look repulsed.

Although loneliness may interfere with a person's attempts to form stable and trusting social connections with other people, loneliness has been found to promote attempts to form social connections though memorial or inferential means, such as through nostalgic reminiscences,46 imputed parasocial relationships (relationships with imaginary television characters;47), and digital connections.48 In addition, loneliness promotes social connection through the anthropomorphism of pets,49 technological gadgets,50 celestial bodies,51 and supernatural entities.51 Together, this work suggests that when people feel socially isolated, they become more likely to use their cognitive capacities to try to fill the social void.

I guess I know all about it. Now this stuff is too batshit to even briefly mention on lookism. But LOL, just LOL.

:jrage:

The collective rejection of isolates observed in humans and other primates may therefore serve to protect the structural integrity of the social entities necessary for humans to survive and prosper.

Fuckin´ NTs and their tramendous social weapons, I mean it´s mind blowing, they completelly waste you and it´s so simple in nature and unavoidable. How can you face this? You´ll never win, hell you can´t even score draw LOL All you can do is to KYS tbh.

Fuckin´ scientist. They should honestly devote more time to upgrade sex robots and figure out how to drive down cost of surgeries.