• Stop coping, and start posting. Register an account in order to gain full access to Lookism's features.

impossible to get a job these days

AlwaysLearning

Regular
fucking applied to like 20 places(tailored my resume for each specific job), only one response back and still haven't heard from them a second time. I was going through postings this morning and there was a dish washer job at a restaurant and dude was asking for at least 2 years of experience .

:banderas:

fucking sucks being a broke ass 20 something year old living with his parents, seems like there is no hope at the end of this dark tunnel.

Viral

Regular
AlwaysLearning said:
Viral said:
family connection.

seems like nepotism/ or networking is the only way these days.

correct, unless you're a tall white alphamale. most of my friends out of college also got jobs through connections rather than hiring process.

Enigmatic

Rotter
There are thousands of people applying for each job. If you don't have connections you have to apply for at least 5 a day.

Same dude. I cant even get a fucking email saying i didnt get the job. i feel so neglected. i should be hired for just being white alone

AlwaysLearning

Regular
Enigmatic said:
There are thousands of people applying for each job. If you don't have connections you have to apply for at least 5 a day.

yeah your right tbh, there was a job hiring fair for THREE positions in my part of the city and like 80 people showed up for those 3 positions..

the job market reminds me of tinder :(

feels man srs its so fucking depressing seeing your friends get top job and just leaving you behind without anyway to catch up

im taking unpaid work xp tomorrow and tryna get a position at a friends company just so in the mean time i can add to my non existent CV

plastiks

Joke
Did you go to college? What did you get a degree in? If not, did you go to a trade school or enter an apprenticeship of some kind? If no to all of the above, why not?

plastiks said:
Did you go to college? What did you get a degree in? If not, did you go to a trade school or enter an apprenticeship of some kind? If no to all of the above, why not?

Yes, Economics, Summa Cum Laude

Fucking lol @ actually looking for a job 

Brb mom finds me a job 

Brb ive never worked before

Brb I don't even have a resume

Brb I don't make one

Brb I get interviewed the same day and still get the job

Brb only week 5 days a week

Brb job is easy af even a retard like me can do.

Just lol @ you.

I didn't even want this job. I've been trying to get fired lol. So I can neetcel till mom finds me a different job:cage:

SWERVE

Rotter
http://lookism.net/Thread-Looksmax-...ithout-experience-to-fund-shit?highlight=jobs

Stuff like Uber is the way to go if you can't get regular employment.

You can also do volunteering stuff in the mean time so you have something on your resume. Sometimes you can even get hired at the place your are volunteering at. I was playing guitar for old folks at an assisted living center, and they wanted me to apply for a job. Idk if I would've gotten it, but I would've tried if I didn't already have a full time job at the time, and it's a good sign that they asked.

Hmm that sucks.   I usually assume I get the job before the interview and already know what I'm going to ask for wrt benefits/salary.   I haven't been turned down for a job for years and I've actually been practically stalked by HR after I turned down a job offer.

AlwaysLearning

Regular
I said:
Hmm that sucks.   I usually assume I get the job before the interview and already know what I'm going to ask for wrt benefits/salary.   I haven't been turned down for a job for years and I've actually been practically stalked by HR after I turned down a job offer.

what degree do you have? fuckin lucky guy tbh

lolatmylife

Regular
ugly_mong said:
Just lie about everything and see how far you can get.

That's what I'm doing now. 

Lie lie lie till you die.

Getting really good at it. I just lie about everything now. I don't even know why I do it, maybe because it's fun?

Stitches

Banned
Start working on your writing skills and write ebooks.

You will make bank writing bizzare erotica to horny soccer moms

You can write anything not only erotica btw, mystery sci-fi horror etc.,

Publish through Amazon or whatever you choose.  It's not so saturated that you cant make a couple of thousand with ease.

Google John lock, an Amazon author who made a million through ebooks and mark Dawson, former lawyer who makes more money writing crime fiction than he did as a lawyer 

True, I would be still unemployed if it wasn´t for my family

Brb sending 30 CVs a week and all you get back is "you were added to list of contenders, thank you" LOL

I sent like 30 CVs, was on 7 job interviews and I was rejected every time

Just LOL at the companies

Sometimes I wonder if they are even looking for employers, or do they just do the recruitment for shits and giggles

I'm seeing the same vacancies being advertised on job sites all the time