• Stop coping, and start posting. Register an account in order to gain full access to Lookism's features.

Implant infection

Lonamiam

Joke
  • Is there any way to reduce the risk of infection?
  • Which material has the lowest posibility of infecting?
  • What happens if you get the implants attachd to the bone and they get infected, can they fuck up your face?
  • How much do fillers last?
  • Is there any situation in which silicone implants are better than any other one?
  • How can infections be treated?

chadsingh

Joke
- This is the surgeons job
- Medpore bc vessels grow through it and give it blood supply
- They will remove them and your skin may sag a bit but can be replaced so overall you'll be fine; just w.e. risks are associated with repeated surgeries
- 18-24 months with the latest technology
- Unsure
- They basically cannot because antibiotics generally won't be as effective near the implant itself and so you typically remove it and then treat and then re-do

Lonamiam

Joke
chadsingh said:
- This is the surgeons job
- Medpore bc vessels grow through it and give it blood supply
- They will remove them and your skin may sag a bit but can be replaced so overall you'll be fine; just w.e. risks are associated with repeated surgeries
- 18-24 months with the latest technology
- Unsure
- They basically cannot because antibiotics generally won't be as effective near the implant itself and so you typically remove it and then treat and then re-do

Thanks for your answer!, but I still have some doubts:
  • I have read on jawsurgeryforums that surgeons lie at the time of recommending medpore (I have also read the opposite but I want to clear things out)
  • Also I read a study in which they attached a picture of a person who had medpore implants and the infecrion was so bad that They had to take his ear out. How do you know if the implant is infected or healed?

Aesthetics

Joke
I would personally stick to fillers and avoid implant.

Which is what I am doing now