• Stop coping, and start posting. Register an account in order to gain full access to Lookism's features.

I'm working on modifying my myobrace to make it bigger (image assisted guide)

SayNoToRotting

Machine
Mewslims
I only need a myobrace for my lower palate, particulary the lower incisors.

Mewing is doing a great job for my upper palate so far.

I ordered a very cheap myobrace about a week ago, sadly turned out to be way too small

I don't have money for a bigger, more expensive one, and my upper palate already greatly exceeds the upper limit of any myobrace, so even though my lower palate is really narrow, if my upper palate is too big for a myobrace, it's of no use for my lower one either.

I have to have a myobrace that is bigger than the iMD of my upper palate (42 mm)

so I have considered a different approach:

Modifying my myobrace

Here's my plan:

first I cut off a triangle shaped piece away, to later reconnect both wings of the myobrace into a bigger arch

I cut a little tunnel slit into the front shields of both myobrace halves.
Into that tunnel slit I insert a thin piece of metal, to connect both halves at the front. To strengthen the bond I add a bit of superglue.                 ​

To prevent the metal piece from bending and making the gap on the inside close and thus making the arch narrow again, I'll just use a second piece of metal.
That second piece will be attatched at the front, and it will hold onto both halves of the brace by grabbing into little slits.
Once again, bond will be strengthened by using superglue

I mean it sounds good in theory, but I have never done anything of that sort.
However I have a very calm hand and the tools, so it might become reality for me lol

I'm posting this because someone other than me might want to try this out as well, and maybe have succes with that approach and then report.

SayNoToRotting

Machine
Mewslims
Bump for those beautiful graphics I created all by myself just now

:wow3:

your lower teeth/jaw more or less follows the shape of your upper. fix the maxilla, everything else fixes itself over time.

i used to have tremendous width, even more than now, but then i got one extraction in my teeths which caused crowding. the space between my inscors literally closed up. i used to have a gap like all wide palated chads like mike tyson and oleksandr usyk

SayNoToRotting

Machine
Mewslims
faceambassador said:
your lower teeth/jaw more or less follows the shape of your upper. fix the maxilla, everything else fixes itself over time.

i used to have tremendous width, even more than now, but then i got one extraction in my teeths which caused crowding. the space between my inscors literally closed up. i used to have a gap like all wide palated chads like mike tyson and oleksandr usyk

Makes perfect sense.

And I mean my lower palate probably has expanded, just way less than the upper palate.

I have the rough measurments, the IMD of my upper palate expanded around 4 mm within 7 months, but the change of the lower one barely even registers on my ruler, less than 2 for sure.

It definitely lags behind, and I wanna change that.

sin

UNVAXXED UNTAMED UNDISPUTED
Staff member
Admin
keep growing ur palate to no avail

Bhunnah

Megastar
SayNoToRotting said:
faceambassador said:

Makes perfect sense.

And I mean my lower palate probably has expanded, just way less than the upper palate.

I have the rough measurments, the IMD of my upper palate expanded around 4 mm within 7 months, but the change of the lower one barely even registers on my ruler, less than 2 for sure.

It definitely lags behind, and I wanna change that.
pull your lower palate apart with fingers

SayNoToRotting

Machine
Mewslims
Bhunnah said:

Considered that, but am too lazy to do it.

It will definitely be my last resort however in case all my attempts at modifying my myobrace will fail.

QFT

Regular
how do you make this high effort rep fishing thread and post it during the deadest time for the forum jfl

:facepalm:

wait for prime time to post high effort threads, only low effort shitposts now

Bhunnah

Megastar
SayNoToRotting said:
Bhunnah said:

Considered that, but am too lazy to do it.

It will definitely be my last resort however in case all my attempts at modifying my myobrace will fail.
i hear my jaw crack 
it works within minutes srs

SayNoToRotting

Machine
Mewslims
QFT said:
how do you make this high effort rep fishing thread and post it during the deadest time for the forum jfl

:facepalm:

wait for prime time to post high effort threads, only low effort shitposts now

Feel a bit insulted by "rep fishing"

I only want to draw crowd, if I was primarily after reps I wouldn't voice so many controversial opinions.

SayNoToRotting

Machine
Mewslims
Looool I lied of course I want dem reps keep them coming for the greedy Jew I am

Unbeatable

Regular
SayNoToRotting said:
Looool I lied of course I want dem reps keep them coming for the greedy Jew I am

i will give you 500 reps now if you explain why resting tongue on lower palate for mandible growth is a bad idea even though igesio did it and got insane results

Imperative

HQNP
Unbeatable said:
SayNoToRotting said:

i will give you 500 reps now if you explain why resting tongue on lower palate for mandible growth is a bad idea even though igesio did it and got insane results

You will get underbite