• Stop coping, and start posting. Register an account in order to gain full access to Lookism's features.

I'm getting machine carved implants made of real bone

B

brad

The risk of infection is on par with osteotomies and it's aesthetically better option than traditional ZSO and CWO.

IcedEarth

Rotter

modified

hairloss expert
brad said:
The risk of infection is on par with osteotomies and it's aesthetically better option than traditional ZSO and CWO.

Who's bone is being used? Cadaveric? What's the rejection risk?

Also, second for before and afters. Cheekbone implants generally suck. I think speculatively this is because the cheekbones are most significant as points of muscle insertion for the face, and adding an implant generally doesn't change the actual insertion points for the muscle. It's just a "nonfunctional" lump under the skin.

My opinion anyway.

I've never seen an impressive before/after cheek implant of any kind.

B

brad

modified said:
brad said:

Who's bone is being used? Cadaveric? What's the rejection risk?

Also, second for before and afters. Cheekbone implants generally suck. I think speculatively this is because the cheekbones are most significant as points of muscle insertion for the face, and adding an implant generally doesn't change the actual insertion points for the muscle. It's just a "nonfunctional" lump under the skin.

My opinion anyway.

I've never seen an  impressive before/after cheek implant of any kind.

The surgeon is Obwegeser. Sailer does the same procedure but carves the bone himself. My surgeon will be using basically the same 3D planning software that is used to model custom implants made of silicone. Only this time the material will be rib bone that is from organ donors.

It has similar risk of resorption than bone grafts used in osteotomies. It's likely that I will be experience it to some degree but it will be insignificant in comparison to the amount of augmentation it gives.

I have no before after pics. Sailer has more before and after pics to show in his office and some of his cheekbone work is very satisfying.

CWO = Chin Wing Osteotomy

REM

how much mutherfuker, how much?

and how will you use implants on super sensitive region of infraorbitals, where anything slightly off quickly looks retarded?