• Stop coping, and start posting. Register an account in order to gain full access to Lookism's features.

If you have a bad nasal airway, get it fixed NOW!!!!!!

Peanuts

Joke
Not 'soon'. Book an appointment with your doctor NOW. If you have a bad nose, you NEED to open it up through a procedure like a septoplasty (which corrects a deviated septum) or some other method. It's possibly one of the best investments you'll ever make.

Even if it's not bad enough that you have to mouth breathe all the time, a sub-par nose can still contribute to a lot of problems. One of which being mouthbreathing at night, and we all know the bad effects of mouthbreathing. You won't get proper sleep quality for one thing. Another problem is anxiety. And also the perpetuation of anxiety. For example, if you get into a situation where you're nervous, and you can't breathe fully to calm yourself, your anxiety won't be relieved as much as it should be.

You might have quite a few problems that are related to your nose, without even realizing it's your nose that is a huge contributing factor to these problems.

You NEED to be able to breathe through your nose at close to 100% efficiency (70% or 80% is not acceptable). You NEED broad nasal airways. As far as I'm aware, the ONLY time it's acceptable to mouth breathe is during exercise. 

There is nothing else to it.

inb4 people post guys with insane genetics with deviated septums or narrow-looking noses trying to prove me wrong. Newsflash: You DON'T have insane genetics, so you need all the help you can get.

Weaselface

Joke

Spooky

allindaeyes

Banned
honestly have deviated septum like Sean O'pry level near and dont need it. I have breathed perfectly through both nostrils my entire life (probably due to high test ). If you breathe through one nostril obv get it fixed, the people like Tyson Ballou and Pitt that have severe deviations probably still can breathe through both insane genetics wont save mouth breathing or one nostril breathing. ( btw deviated septum is why o'pry and ballou have an ugly ass smile and just smirk. i realised this why my smile made me look like a beaner )

Peanuts

Joke
allindaeyes said:
honestly have deviated septum like Sean O'pry level near and dont need it. I have breathed perfectly through both nostrils my entire life (probably due to high test ). If you breathe through one nostril obv get it fixed, the people like Tyson Ballou and Pitt that have severe deviations probably still can breathe through both insane genetics wont save mouth breathing or one nostril breathing. ( btw deviated septum is why o'pry and ballou have an ugly ass smile and just smirk. i realised this why my smile made me look like a beaner )

O'Pry and Ballou have wonky noses but it doesn't mean their septums are deviated in relation to the nasal passageways which are also curved. Both their passages might be clear, just not straight, if you get me.

Also, the degree of deviation obviously also affects nasal blockage, but a deviated septum alone isn't the only cause of poor nasal breathing.