• Stop coping, and start posting. Register an account in order to gain full access to Lookism's features.

If you don't use a "standing desk" fucking LOL.

Vertu

Joke
You pathetic cockroaches can't label yourself as "looksmaxers" if you're sitting all day. Here's why:

-> Sitting puts your body into "burn no calories" mode
-> Promotes NUMEROUS chronic diseases (EVEN if you exercise)
-> Decreases bone density, strength, muscle mass, etc.

What I listed is just the tip of the iceberg in terms of side-effects. Sitting literally DESTROYS you and this is the solution:

This is a million times more important than any surgery. So listen you fucking autists. Either get a standing desk tomorrow at your local IKEA or just end your meaningless life for being a lazy parasite. Look below for more confirmation:

http://dailyinfographic.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/sitting-is-killing-you.png

JBoi

This is very legit. Add weighted clothing and you're set. But just lol @ a desk job in the first place.

Franktank

Regular
Include pics of your standing desk or you just are just a major role playing autist

yeah except humans get statistically increasingly older every year while sitting more and more every year

Peanuts

Joke
Yeah but get an adjustable one so you can alternate between standing and sitting. Stand more than sit, though.

heilsa

Rotter
op is legit. the human body isnt constructed for sitting all day (no chairs in the stone age my friends).

this has been proved by several medical studies.

Sitting for long periods increases risk of disease and early death, regardless of exercise

Summary:The amount of time a person sits during the day is associated with a higher risk of heart disease, diabetes, cancer, and death, regardless of regular exercise, according to a review study.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2015/01/150119171701.htm

Shameless

PSL Hall of Fame
Shitposters
this is also nice i made myself something like this in the basement but my father ruined it

LookismUser

Machine
I feel standing standing long periods of time will put to much pressure on your legs and lead to some disease i can not remember. I think the concept is great but with a treadmill underneath so one can actually walk slowly and move all that blood pressure that will prob accumulate and stress the legs