I upgraded my Vitamin D light source

Aparat

Normie
In the past I used one of these: 

For the calculations I used a solarmeter model 6.4. Not only is it like 100x less UVB per minute than my current one, but I noticed(read on the back) that it emits quite a lot of UVA, which is something you don't want, as it does the opposite of UVB in addition to skin damage.
I don't know the exact calculations of the new one yet because it's hard to look at the numbers with the protective glasses on. At an acceptable distance, I believe it was emitting over 600+ IU's per minute given 10% body area exposed(type 2 skin). Since the lamp emits over more than 10% of your body area, I'd say it's at least 2.5x the number stated by the solarmenter. So we are looking at about 1500+IU's of vitamin D per minute.

Anakind

King of Chads
Are you really sure that stuff works? Tanning beds sound a lot better and you get an awesome tan from it. I had a tanning session this morning again.

Aparat

Normie
Anakind said:
Are you really sure that stuff works? Tanning beds sound a lot better and you get an awesome tan from it. I had a tanning session this morning again.
I don't use it to tan, it's for vitamin D production. The solarmeter model 6.4 only calculates UVB per minute. The reptile bulb I used clearly tanned me, due to UVA, but allegedly, the new bulbs I got don't emit much UVA, so I don't know if I'll keep the tan. I do hope it doesn't emit much UVA since it isn't good for vit D production and skin quality. I've never been to a tanning bed, but aren't they covered in glass? UVB can't penetrate glass, only UVA, which is what tans you.

Anakind

King of Chads
Aparat said:
Anakind said:
I don't use it to tan, it's for vitamin D production. The solarmeter model 6.4 only calculates UVB per minute. The reptile bulb I used clearly tanned me, due to UVA, but allegedly, the new bulbs I got don't emit much UVA, so I don't know if I'll keep the tan. I do hope it doesn't emit much UVA since it isn't good for vit D production and skin quality. I've never been to a tanning bed, but aren't they covered in glass? UVB can't penetrate glass, only UVA, which is what tans you.
It's special material in tanning beds. They are really effective at D3 production. The modern tanning beds are awesome. They had to be modernized in 2012 due to new EU regulation. So they have intelligent performance systems giving you a perfect mix of UVA and UVB.

Aparat

Normie
Anakind said:
Aparat said:
It's special material in tanning beds. They are really effective at D3 production. The modern tanning beds are awesome. They had to be modernized in 2012 due to new EU regulation. So they have intelligent performance systems giving you a perfect mix of UVA and UVB.
If my solarmeter gets a reading, then it must be legit. I'm supplementing as well, just in case.
15000IU's