• Stop coping, and start posting. Register an account in order to gain full access to Lookism's features.

I can manually hood my eyes - is this normal?

egamcomp

My eyes naturally:

My eyes after I hood them:

Basically I tilt my head town, then I raise my eyebrows and at the same time look up. Then I raise my head again so it's leveled, but keep my eyes in the same position. Increases my eye area by a few points. Only downside is that I can't hold it for too long. Is this normal? Is there any way I could make my eyes hooded permanently?

Here's a video demonstration:
[video=youtube]

carl

Regular
i can do this too, and i'm interested to know if practicing this will make my eyes hood naturally

PRYGOD

Joke
aspie as fuck this is going to turn you mental if you try to do it all the time :facepalm:

egamcomp

Supreme Gentleman said:
You can get botox to make them permanently stay hooded

Wouldn't that make me lose my expression in my entire face though? Like I wouldn't be able to smile or whatever?

currypowder

Regular
I think most people can do that. The muscle is called the orbicularis oculi, but the layer of fat on top (based on genetics) is what gives the natural hooded eye appearance. If you tense the Orb. Oculi muscle over long term, it would become hypertrophic to an extent. Not sure what effect it would have on the layer fat though, could actually make it worse...

I read on realself that you need ptosis surgery and/or dermal fat grafting to make the eyes hooded. My eyes are unhooded and look worse than yours, and I probably have ptosis AND a lack of fat above my eye. First you should see an ophthalmologist to consider ptosis surgery (that's what I'm doing). Then if you still have a problem you should see a very good plastic surgeon with extensive experience in creating hooded eyes.

sfinkter

Joke
while putting vaseline on my brows I've sometimes accidentally rubbed some on my upper eyelid and it becomes clammy/stretchy, hoods it a bit more. I think rubbing vaseline on the upper eyelid + this technique can make for some great pics at the least with the improved eye area. Probably not viable for walking around longterm but extremely good for tinder pics and if you're about to take a group pic that's going on facebook (fucking lol), just don't get caught looking like an aspie

egamcomp said:
Supreme Gentleman said:
You can get botox to make them permanently stay hooded

Wouldn't that make me lose my expression in my entire face though? Like I wouldn't be able to smile or whatever?

Yea you'd look more "serious" and mean

egamcomp

PRYGOD said:
aspie as fuck this is going to turn you mental if you try to do it all the time :facepalm:

Lmao I do it all the time, especially before seeing a hot girl or when walking in crowded areas. Probably looks aspie af when I perform the motion lmao. Especially cuz I gotta redo it every 20 seconds.