• Stop coping, and start posting. Register an account in order to gain full access to Lookism's features.

I am a lurker who has finally bit the bullet + Also need advice (Mewing)

shortface

Lol, ever since I was in high school around 6-7 years ago someone introduced the whole idea of facial aesthetics when I browsed this other forum at the age of 15. But before that my mum always talks about 'long faces are attractive'  and then one day my friend who's the same ethnicity talked about having a long face aswell (it's a cultural thing where long faces are perceived as more aesthetic.... which I started to believe) meanwhile my face is boyish like a Jesse McCartney phenotype, young Leo (where the lower third is not as massive if you will)...  However, this was when things started going fuckin south.

Sank through depression all throughout these past few years due to not doing what I wanted to do and failing miserably at it, which resulted in not working out and just eating myself to oblivion to scavenge any sort of dopamine possible. Anyways, this past year I've finally built myself mentally into a mindset where I can actually get shit done, still doing the thing that made me miserable but I'm just treating it as a plan B incase shit goes wrong in my later years. Anyways, back on topic remember how I brought up that long face shit? Well throughout my youth I was an avid and lively kid who ran, swam, played lots of sports. Never a mouth breather though. In fact, when I noticed that longer face shit that's when I started to drop my jaw downwards but I still held my tongue on my palate WEAKLY (there was no more suction hold, I was conciously ruining my own face), which I also think catalysed my TMJ which I've noticed as my jaw clicks so fucking much these days.

Past few years ever since senior year in HS, I've mewed on and off but since I've got back into the whole process of looksmaxing and trying to develop myself I've finally started looking into this whole mewing more... and what I've noticed is that my lower third seems to jut forward whilst my chin slightly points downwards (I think this resulted during that time I dropped my jaw and just held my tongue on my palate weakly during high school) and I don't know if thats because I've been mewing incorrectly. 

When I hold my tongue I've been sort of pushing it forward and it makes the slightest contact with my front teeth.
Is this the incorrect method of mewing? Also the whole back 3rd of the tongue thing, could someone please clarify it?
The only way I can do this is if I only use the sides of my lower third to push outwards and upwards which I believe would widen the palate and push the outer areas of the maxilla upwards? I have no fucking idea. Enlighten me on this one please.

The whole thing makes me more confused as I noticed it blocks my airways if I put the whole back 3rds upwards, I noticed Dr. Mew saying how when you hold your breath there is a fine line between that and keeping your tongue on your back 3rd for Mewing purposes but I don't understand how you can do that without blocking your air passage.

Please bestow thee knowledge upon me.

bain

Regular

shortface

DrunkenSailor said:
Redpill me on your sexual exploits.

Not sure how that relates to this thread, I want to become beautiful and ascend humanity. Albeit the narcissism in this comment, I assume everyone here understands that we all want to become the best that we can physically and mentally therefore I seek guidance.