• Stop coping, and start posting. Register an account in order to gain full access to Lookism's features.

How to take off braces? I believe they are stopping my growth.

vis

Joke
I've had my braces on for about two months. I'm 16 and I've been mewing practicing proper posture and everything.

But I haven't noticed any growth. Infact I think my face is a little bit worse. and I'm sure my maxilla got flatter. and I can see subtle nasolabial folds sometimes.

i KNOW for sure my braces are holding me back, because when I go to the dentist and they take the wire out to replace it, I push my tongue against my palate and my teeth/maxilla/palate has this sensation that means mewing is working. 

So does anyone know how to remove the wire and shit? i will provide pics if needed. 

I can't tell my parents to get it removed because they would probably say no, and force me to go through with the treatment (because of the money already spent on them)

somebody ples help b4 its over  :ugh: :rage:

Smooth

Joke
How strongly are you pushing? Should be possible to progress with braces, you just need to push hard enough to overpower the effect of the braces.

vis

Joke
Smooth said:
How strongly are you pushing? Should be possible to progress with braces, you just need to push hard enough to overpower the effect of the braces.

i dont think it will work like that. dont the braces pull the teeth back?

Smooth

Joke
vis said:
Smooth said:

The braces are attached to teeth only, therefore they can't pull the teeth anywhere. They can tilt your dental arch inward though. Tongue posture doesn't directly affect teeth. It will affect bone. Your maxilla will shift forward regardless of whether or not the teeth have braces attached to them

vis

Joke
Smooth said:
vis said:

The braces are attached to teeth only, therefore they can't pull the teeth anywhere. They can tilt your dental arch inward though. Tongue posture doesn't directly affect teeth. It will affect bone. Your maxilla will shift forward regardless of whether or not the teeth have braces attached to them

Oh. I see. I just got Vit K2 mk4 supplement (but they are low dosage ;( so i will keep going in with the treatment. since they help with teeth

when i check my teeth smile, it kind of likes narrower but my mom says my palate got wider. you think i should try to get a palate expander?

Smooth

Joke
vis said:
Smooth said:

Oh. I see. I just got Vit K2 mk4 supplement (but they are low dosage ;( so i will keep going in with the treatment. since they help with teeth

when i check my teeth smile, it kind of likes narrower but my mom says my palate got wider. you think i should try to get a palate expander?
Going by looks and feels is not that useful. Pick a ruler and go measure the width of your palatal space with a mirror, then remember the point where you measured it so you can keep track of it. The tongue does the same thing a palate expander does, just a little slower.

aerofly.

Same situation here boyo,  I JUST WANTED TO FUCKING MEW FFS

Anchilles

Joke
vis said:
I've had my braces on for about two months. I'm 16 and I've been mewing practicing proper posture and everything.

But I haven't noticed any growth. Infact I think my face is a little bit worse. and I'm sure my maxilla got flatter. and I can see subtle nasolabial folds sometimes.

i KNOW for sure my braces are holding me back, because when I go to the dentist and they take the wire out to replace it, I push my tongue against my palate and my teeth/maxilla/palate has this sensation that means mewing is working. 

So does anyone know how to remove the wire and shit? i will provide pics if needed. 

I can't tell my parents to get it removed because they would probably say no, and force me to go through with the treatment (because of the money already spent on them)

I took off my braces by myself with pliers at home after 1 year and half wearing them.

vis said:

I took off my braces by myself with pliers at home after 1 year and half wearing them. I suggest you to don't take them off

Stereo

Champion
if you're getting braces for anything other than surgery, don't.

find an orthotropics center near you and hop on biobloc or something like that

xom

Banned
braces for crooked teeth = your jaw is already fucked and they are trying to use braces to accustom your teeth to your shitty jaw

braces are bad, extractions are bad, if you didn't eat the right foods/mew properly during development your teeth will be fucked, you should only be getting braces on to fix your upper and lower jaw, not to fix ur shit teeth because of ur garbage jaw okay? 

get them off, work towards getting jaw surgery, and getting braces for that reason not to fix ur shit teeth for ur underdeveloped jaw

and if ur teeth are crooked from crowding get a palate expander so they can all fit never get extractions

igrewrong

Braces fucked up my jaw development, maxilla collapses and mandible went back as well and my face is a lot longer and narrower compared to a few years ago

I'd
Imagine I'd look like a different person if I had the biobloc appliance instead