How to correctly meassure bizygomatic width?

so is the correct way to meassure this to take this:

and put it onto your head and slowly close it until it reaches the most outward point of your face?

do you put it onto the most outward point on the bizygomatic arch on the side of the face (where the arrow "temporal process" points to) or you put it on the zygomatic bone where the arrow shows it on the right picture?

because they way it did this before, i put a ruler in front of my face on my face and tried to imagine where my face would meet the ruler. this way i always reached a value between 12 and 13.5cm which would be easily bottom 1st percentile or even worse  :lol: 

then i meassured it with a calipher and meassured between the most outer points of my face (similar like between the arrows "temporal process" on both sides of the face) and it gave me 14.6 cm which would be 80th percentile or something.

HOLY SHIT PLEASE TELL ME I DID IT RIGHT
GOING FROM ABSOLUTE SUBHUMAN TO ABOVE AVERAGE BIZYGOMATIC BREATH IS THE BEST THING THAT HAPPENED TO ME SINCE 5 YEARS  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

does anyone know how its right to meassure it? meassure the outter sides of the bizygomatic arch or only meassure between the frontal parts of the bizygomatic arch (like the meassurement "3" on the pic below)?

http://************/uploads/imgur/lwWukAK.jpg
more information on bizygomatic width here:
http://************/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=20415

BIGGERNIGGER said:
A ruler makes the measurement smaller.
yes i learned this the hard way and thought i was bottom 5% facial width subhuman all the time.
but it isnt what i want to know

humanmush

Coper
I don't know how long the jaws are on your caliper, but if they're not very long, your face would have to be flat as a pancake in order to get a correct measurement. You measure it like this with an outside caliper where your cheeks are widest

humanmush said:
I don't know how long the jaws are on your caliper, but if they're not very long, your face would have to be flat as a pancake in order to get a correct measurement. You measure it like this with an outside caliper where your cheeks are widest
yes the pic from above was just an example for the way of meassuring. i have bigger jaws on my calipher (the things you use in school)
okay so thanks for your answer. so you press the calipher onto the outside of the most wide point of your face and meassure the distance between the two jaws. great, i did it that way and came up with non-subhuman meassurements. thank gandy