How I went from skinny to nearly jacked in 1 year in my lower 20s

I was an endurance athlete in high school, so my body was in good condition when I was 21. But I was skinny as fuck and 145 pounds. I didn't achieve optimal results in one year, but I gained about 25 pounds of muscle and around 10 pounds of fat, ending up at around 18x pounds. What really helped was this:

6 week plan:
6 days per week, 2 hours per day, high volume bodybuilding routine, including deadlift, squat, bench, overhead press, pull ups, tricep exercises (skull crushers), forearm exercises, grip exercises, rowing exercises, shrugs, calve isolation, leg press, and weighted crunches... divided into 3 separate workouts each done twice per week. That's 12 hours of heavy lifting per week.

Add a shitload of protein powder and enough calories.

Ignore other priorities for those 6 weeks. Just fucking lift.

That was around 14 years ago at the beginning of the mobile revolution ffs. You'll just have to take my word for it, but I understand if you don't.

Mughal said:
And how did that change your life?
It made my face look a lot better, because my face gained mass and was haloed by my shoulders and neck. That, and my increased lean mass, increased my success rate with women and made me more confident and satisfied throughout my twenties. The mass I gained in that year stuck with me for a long time, and those 6 weeks helped me to see how much potential (for strength and mass) I had.

Mughal

Banned
MushroomCloud said:
Mughal said:
And how did that change your life?
It made my face look a lot better, because my face gained mass and was haloed by my shoulders and neck. That, and my increased lean mass, increased my success rate with women and made me more confident and satisfied throughout my twenties. The mass I gained in that year stuck with me for a long time, and those 6 weeks helped me to see how much potential (for strength and mass) I had.
lajatt

ItWontBeMe

Gigachad
MushroomCloud said:
I was an endurance athlete in high school, so my body was in good condition when I was 21. But I was skinny as fuck and 145 pounds. I didn't achieve optimal results in one year, but I gained about 25 pounds of muscle and around 10 pounds of fat, ending up at around 18x pounds. What really helped was this:

6 week plan:
6 days per week, 2 hours per day, high volume bodybuilding routine, including deadlift, squat, bench, overhead press, pull ups, tricep exercises (skull crushers), forearm exercises, grip exercises, rowing exercises, shrugs, calve isolation, leg press, and weighted crunches... divided into 3 separate workouts each done twice per week. That's 12 hours of heavy lifting per week.

Add a shitload of protein powder and enough calories.

Ignore other priorities for those 6 weeks. Just fucking lift.
YUP... it's all bout shocking your system into growth.
:clap:

<Endurance athlete with a caloric deficit
<Stops doing aerobic workouts
<Gains weight due to not being in a caloric deficit

True Romance said:
Congratulations on your genetics
I have above average genetics for weight lifting, but not that good. In addition to long distance running, I lifted for around a year before starting the 6 week plan, but didn't really make any mass gains. It gave me great form and conditioned my nervous system though. If you never lifted before, don't expect such gains until at least 6 months after you've been consistently lifting.