Scar Tissue

Slayer
This might sound weird, but work on your diet. If you dont have a regular elimination cycle, and you arent taking a shit around the same time every single day, your skin will not be optimal.

driftwood

Incel
I have body and facial acne after doing paleo for 3 years.

I have no idea what causes it.  I have been extremely strict with my diet at times also. 

I haven't had a soda pop or a piece of cake in about 5-6 years.

driftwood

Incel
david_chicago said:
driftwood said:
I have body and facial acne after doing paleo for 3 years.

I have no idea what causes it.  I have been extremely strict with my diet at times also. 

I haven't had a soda pop or a piece of cake in about 5-6 years.
U have because, paleo is a scam, like 99% of diets on the internet.
Do you have another suggestion?
[hr]
It is VERY legit that paleo populations don't get acne.

But its likely a variety of factors outside diet.  Not sure which specifically

Scar Tissue

Slayer
adrift said:
Scar Tissue said:
This might sound weird, but work on your diet. If you dont have a regular elimination cycle, and you arent taking a shit around the same time every single day, your skin will not be optimal.
I have a pretty good diet as of now, and I take a shit mostly the same time so I don't think it's that. Back in the past (when I was a lot less intelligent) I tried exclusionary diets such as no wheat products, or no dairy products. It had no effect on my skin quality. 

It really bugs me that there is no clearly visible solution because I've never had bad acne or rashes, but my skin quality has always been dullingly average. Like most everything else in my life.

driftwood said:
david_chicago said:
U have because, paleo is a scam, like 99% of diets on the internet.
Do you have another suggestion?
[hr]
It is VERY legit that paleo populations don't get acne.

But its likely a variety of factors outside diet.  Not sure which specifically
This is unrelated to skin quality, since I suffer similar problems as you and do not know of a solution yet, but I'm assuming you're interested in maintaining health considering that's one of the main reasons people do paleo. If I'm correct you should try a pescetarian diet, a very strong argument could be made that it's optimal for health and performance.
I eat a pescetarian diet. I have greasier skin than ever, but I eat a loooot of fish.