how did you feel when you first discovered how much looks mattered

im 24 now. i was around 12, in 7th grade, when it hit me hard how important looks were. i had a crush on one of the hottest girls in school and when i finally asked her out, she told me straight up that she just saw me as a friend and that she was in love with my friend(who she barely knew) who looked justin beber(me and my friend had the same swag.) Anyhow, she told me every girl in the school has had a crush on him at one point and i remember feeling like fucking defeated. He found out she liked him and she blew him in the school bathroom a few weeks later. i got over her pretty quick after a few weeks but that is what drove me to looksmax pretty much from that day forward. luckily i consider myself decently aesthetic now, but that story ill never forgot and will be in my memory banks for life.

shitposter

Normie
I can't exactly say when, but don't think it's too hard to figure out with a little common sense.  I think a good majority of the population are aware that looks matter.  Sure there are a lot of delusional personality matters people, but its a big world.   I just remember seeing how ugly my profile looked in a picture one time and it just hit me hard for some reason and started making me very self aware of my face.  Plus the fact that I can only attract ugly girls, lets me know where I stand, long before I ever discovered this community.

Bojack

Lookism God
I realized that world was crueler than I already thought it was.

shitposter said:
I can't exactly say when, but don't think it's too hard to figure out with a little common sense.  I think a good majority of the population are aware that looks matter.  Sure there are a lot of delusional personality matters people, but its a big world.   I just remember seeing how ugly my profile looked in a picture one time and it just hit me hard for some reason and started making me very self aware of my face.  Plus the fact that I can only attract ugly girls, lets me know where I stand, long before I ever discovered this community.
legit. i remember seeing myself in photos as a kid(my profile) and just feeling sick and depressed. recessed chin, giant hooknose, ugly lips..i remember buying into the notion i just needed more confidence and i tried hard to make myself "more confident" and even though i amoged some of my friends personality wise girls just were never attracted to me. not a single one. my friends would even come to me help gamewise asking me how to respond to text messages/flirt with girls on myspace. i personally got like 3 of friends laid via text lol that hit me hard too. shit i actually have a good personality but my face prevents me from succeeding. it took me a LONG time to get out of that rut/mindset.. once i got surgery and started lifting my life changed around 19-20.

modified

hairloss expert
Cheated. Broken. Like everything I had worked for was a lie and nothing I could do could compensate for my height/face/frame/race.

I held onto that lie that "looks don't matter" against all odds for so many years, and honestly I shouldn't be so bitter about it, because I might have killed myself a long time ago if not for that lie.

I'm slowly coping through the lining up of numerous risky surgeries and the hope that one day I will escape my hell through them.