[Horror] My teeth and malocclusion, GTFIH

Weaselface

Coper
I'm building a dossier of my subhumanity — collecting measurements, making morphs, and studiously taking pictures. The goal is to build a good, informed case for state-financed bimax.

View attachment 1

Obvious crowding, and I even think the maxilla is sloping to my left — causing the mouth/smile asymmetry. Am I a candidate?

:help:

Weaselface

Coper
JustTheWayYouAre said:
Have you visited orthodontist yet? You have a crossbite, right?
I have never visited an orthodontist, and nobody has ever mentioned braces to me. I've just had my dental-health checkups, and that's it. I'm moving soon, so there's no point in making appointments just yet, but once I'm settled I'll get the ball rolling.

I'm unsure whether I have a (serious) crossbite. All my upper teeth overlap the lower ones, but more so on my left. If I try to move my lower jaw while still keeping physical contact with my upper teeth I can move my right side all the way until all range of motion is expended, while the left side stops due to the deeper fit of my left upper teeth.

All of this is new to me, really. There's a golden edge to everything, however; even though my teeth are crooked now it provides a good excuse for more extensive surgery than just braces, and I might just have better results altogether on an adult skeleton.

Techno Viking said:
damn, thats a helluva palate you got there
I'll show you a fucking palate

JustTheWayYouAre

King of Chads
Yes, I am on the same boat - crooked teeth, deep bite, borderline class II on one side, skeletal discrepancy and severe retrusion of the mandible (possibly even ofnthe maxilla), deviated midline, poor angle of occlusal plane, maybe the inclination of the maxilla downwards on one side creating the assymetry and stressing my jaw relationship even more.

Orthosurgical treatment is a good choice for cases like that.