• Stop coping, and start posting. Register an account in order to gain full access to Lookism's features.

Hair transplant is the only socially accepted surgery

EdSheeran

Rotter
Ive known 3 guys who have done it
And one of my friends just got back from turkey after a hair-transplant

EdSheeran

Rotter
Cornelius Gayniggas III said:
It's not

Society thinks you are vain and insecure if they find out that you had a HT

not at all
Its acceptable and most of my friends congratulated him for getting his hair back

The least socially acceptable surgery for men is probably rhinoplasty

ItWontBeMe

Machine
Yeah, the whole "that's how God made you <333" thing doesn't seem to apply when it comes to hair (baldcels look sickly... literally).

I just had a HT it's as embarassing as it gets, with facial surgeries at least you can pretend it was for some bogus health reason.

But you do have a point, in spite of that: while I was hiding for the first week and a half in London, all the employees of a Turkish restaurant asked me directly about my FUE and they were all openly discussing their plans to get one, everyone was perfectly fine with the convo, excited and curious, including the waitresses, even if my head was still swollen. Nobody thought it was a big deal. The convo was light and joyful.

On the other hand it's a huge secret for my relatives: everyone is going to think I'm nuts, narcissitic, materlalistic, irresponsible and going through a mid-life crisis at 30. And they'd be right!

If people ever ask me about it openly, I will lie about being on the most extreme and unrealistic possible regimen:

1mg of DUT a day, CB, neogenic and Dermaroller. No one will ever bother trying CB(extremely complicated to mix) and DUT and dermaroller will scare everybody after google searches.

No, for jaw surgery you can say you need it for medical reasons because of sleep apnea or or some shit.
Hair has no 'function'.

Dingusdude

Banned
Kendrick Equals Fire said:
Cant wait till limb lengthening surgery becomes more mainstream, i want to be 6ft3 like my friends

have fun watching your grandchild on a wheelchair at 62

modified

hairloss expert
Dingusdude said:
Kendrick Equals Fire said:
Cant wait till limb lengthening surgery becomes more mainstream, i want to be 6ft3 like my friends

Wut.

Also, only one person gave me a hard time about jaw surgery in university. Everyone else just intuitively "got it" that my face was really fucked up and needed fixing. They were really positive about the outcome.

Amnesia

Just be pretty, they said
NormalfagsPissMeOff said:
No, for jaw surgery you can say you need it for medical reasons because of sleep apnea or or some shit.
Hair has no 'function'.

Legit, jaw has an excuse, nose jobs have an excuse cause you can claim deviated septum, but hair ppl will make fun of you.

Dingusdude

Banned
modified said:
Dingusdude said:

Wut.

Also, only one person gave me a hard time about jaw surgery in university. Everyone else just intuitively "got it" that my face was really fucked up and needed fixing. They were really positive about the outcome.
He was talking about limb lengthening not jaw Surgery

Invisible

Champion
What negative comments did you guys get? I only got negative comments from one friend. The comment is "it wasnt worth it cuz youre still gfless, stupid", not realizing that i need about 4 surgeries to become human.

Invisible said:
What negative comments did you guys get? I only got negative comments from one friend. The comment is "it wasnt worth it cuz youre still gfless, stupid", not realizing that i need about 4 surgeries to become human.

So far no one called me out, first night at the club tonight, bought a set of caps but I'll make sure people see the nw1.5 before the dreaded shed.

modified

hairloss expert
Dingusdude said:
modified said:
Wut.

He was talking about limb lengthening not jaw Surgery

I know. Why would anyone have a grandchild?