Genioplasty can help reduce sleep apnea significatly (journal article)

Dentist said:
Your chin isnt recessed is it? Why are you thinking genio?
Need vertical height, need less pronounced mentolabial fold.
I can't run beard/jut game forever.

Also if I get slight horizontal advancement I can slightly lean forward to improve my eye area (in before autism) without looking chinless. Also right now my chin DOES look recessed when biting down but that's mostly from still having my class 2 and excess soft tissue before the maxilla till rhino.

Sounds like win/win tbh. Sure if my sleep test reveals double digit AHI I need BSSO, but genio is so much easier in terms of recovery time and everything. Besides I'd need vertical height anyway unless I get rotation bimax. Also affordable even without insurance covering anything.
[hr]
Bump Roboter said:
I ask myself why because a simple sliding genio just moves a little part on the tip of the chin forwards how can it ethen have such an effect ?
Basically your mandible is like a U shape around your tongue with the tongue being attached to it. 
The tongue is fucking huge, here's a pic:

If the lower part of the mandible is moved forwards the tongue gets pulled along. Obviously not as much as with a full BSSO since the upper part of the mandible isn't moved but there's still new volume created. If you get vertical increase as well your tongue the volume for your tongue increases as well.

I mean try it. Breathe normally with your head in a neutral position through your nose (if you feel zero resistance/air movement in your throuat your airways are probably too good, try tilting your head a bit forward or something till you feel it).
Then grab the skin between your chin and throat (as much as possible) and just pull it down and forward -> less turbulence in your throat.

Also you'd obviously move a bigger part of the mandible. Like everything below the mentolabial fold I guess (though not all the way back, that would be a chinwing which I assume would be even more effective).

Brutus

King of Chads
Birds
I made a thread about this a while back

In some cases, genio can absolutely help with apnea, especially if the patient has a low hyoid bone

But in many cases, genio won't do shit for sleep apnea

Brutus said:
I made a thread about this a while back

In some cases, genio can absolutely help with apnea, especially if the patient has a low hyoid bone

But in many cases, genio won't do shit for sleep apnea
Fuark missed it, link?

I don't have a low hyoid bone  :ugh:

paulus

Banned
Thats why a weak chin is unattractive

Attractive=function=health

paulus said:
Thats why a weak chin is unattractive

Attractive=function=health
Legit.

I NEED more info on this only-works-with-low-hyoid thing though. If that's the case I can give up choping after just hours  :ugh:

Edit: Actually measuring the hyoid height from the mandible plane sounds like cope. Why would the ramus height affect this at all. If I ran 145° gonial angle game my hyoid height from mandibular plane would be 23mm (instead of 7) which is considered high as fuck.