• Stop coping, and start posting. Register an account in order to gain full access to Lookism's features.

Genetically speaking what makes a huge nose repulsive

MichaelSzny

Banned
Maybe a recessed maxilla.
But isn't a larger nose caused by high testosterone?

FireHaze

Megastar
MichaelSzny said:
Maybe a recessed maxilla.
But isn't a larger nose caused by high testosterone?

I have a forward maxilla and I have a big nose.

FireHaze

Megastar
There's got to be something about my nose that would signal that I'm genetic trash.

igesio

Banned
madmaxmandem said:
It's not just about a big nose but also shape, form and connotations:

Compare the above with the below nose, the girl's nasal tip actually projects more but which looks worse?

The bottom girl's nose is actually worse. She just looks better because of her other traits. Cover the faces and hyoid areas of the two women with your hand and you'll see an objective amog.

Mew'sDisciple

igesio said:
madmaxmandem said:
It's not just about a big nose but also shape, form and connotations:

Compare the above with the below nose, the girl's nasal tip actually projects more but which looks worse?

The bottom girl's nose is actually worse. She just looks better because of her other traits. Cover the faces and hyoid areas of the two women with your hand and you'll see an objective amog.

Daily reminder that the girl in the bottom is Mew's work

Amud

Banned
Nothing. In this case, it genuinely is a cultural preference (the same can not be said for many other aspects of looks, of course). For example, Middle Eastern societies used to view hooked noses as ideal. 

Depending on your environment, a large nose could be an advantage. People in mountainous regions tend to develop larger noses and this trend holds true throughout the world, so it must be some evolutionary adaptation.