• Stop coping, and start posting. Register an account in order to gain full access to Lookism's features.

for the last time, lens distortion is not a fucking cope

ThePolygamist

Rotter
so i was looking at myself with my hand held mirror, everything is fine
then i take a photo with iphone 5 at the mirror, and my face gets legit warped, asymmetry is magnified and i look 'off' completely

smellysocks

Megastar
If you're ugly with lens distortion it just means you are average

Most GL people still look good with it

ThePolygamist

Rotter
smellysocks said:
If you're ugly with lens distortion it just means you are average

Most GL people still look good with it

exactly
gd looking ppl have less features to go wrong, so of course they look fine

Zoosus

Rotter
 <-----cant embed for some reason

asiancel

Champion
good looking people have zygos, and that's simply unfixable without implants. there needs to be zygoplasty where they cut it and screw it in place, and then implant bone material from the hips to make it flush.

IncelRa

Joke
Zoosus said:

You seem knowledgeable in this. Which of these 5 pictures is distortion of conventional mirror?

Zoosus

Rotter
IncelRa said:
Zoosus said:

You seem knowledgeable in this. Which of these 5 pictures is distortion of conventional mirror?

I've heard around 50mm tends to look best when shooting faces, but idk i imagine higher is better. You want to look like you have a broad skull.

asiancel

Champion
in the comments people said 50mm is the closest to how the naked eye sees

IncelRa

Joke
Zoosus said:
IncelRa said:

I've heard around 50mm tends to look best when shooting faces, but idk i imagine higher is better. You want to look like you have a broad skull.

50mm is distortion of mirror? Just got this idea: what if females eye distorts to some extend also?

Zoosus

Rotter
IncelRa said:
Zoosus said:

50mm is distortion of mirror? Just got this idea: what if females eye distorts to some extend also?

Mirrors arent a lens, they should have no distortion. The eye however is a lens, but it's not a fixed diameter. The ciliary muscle changes the shape of the lens in the eye so there are varying degrees of distortion.

ketzdinio

Rotter
it's not a cope.m, yes.

Of course Gandy&Co. look good in the smartphone cameras, but they always look worse. That's the key. Everyone becomes worse looking.

And mirrors can fool you sometimes as well. If it's not an entirely flat surface, morphing of proportions WILL happen.