• Stop coping, and start posting. Register an account in order to gain full access to Lookism's features.

Facial attractiveness is genetically simple (MUST READ IF HIGH IQ)

Brutus

Ugly God
Birds
One of the most psychologically damaging factors in my life has been having a sister who is clearly more attractive than me. She's literally a model.

On closer inspection, it's clear that these ratios of attractiveness have been different ever since my sister and I were babies. She has ALWAYS been more attractive, even as a little kid. It's not entirely the midface either; her cheekbones are just slightly more prominent and wide, her chin is just slightly stronger, and her nose is just slightly shorter. Even her palate is slightly wider than mine (her palate is fassbender tier).

On a genetic level, what this means is that my sister's maxilla, mandible AND her cheekbones all somehow received signals to grow in a slightly more horizontal and forward direction, while still managing to look extremely similar to my own face.

Dog breeders have done genetic analysis on different breeds, and what they've found is that pretty much all dogs are closely related, and the genes that change a dog's physical appearance are only controlled by a few different alleles for a few different genes. Since dogs and humans are genetically quite similar (being both mammals), it's safe to assume that physical attractiveness is determined the same way in humans.  http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2010/08/100810203503.htm

Physical attractiveness itself is NOT what makes attractive people more physically healthy. Studies have shown that there is a moderate correlation between immune system function and physical attractiveness, as well as with IQ. My sister is objectively quite attractive, and yet she still has sleep apnea and anxiety like I do. She's even less athletic than I am. My dad is also as objectively attractive as my sister, and yet he gets sick at least 5 times a year.

The reason that attractive people have good genes in other areas is simply this: Physically elite males in the ancient world would have gotten their pick of the prettiest women, creating children with both good genes for face and for athleticism. Even things like immune system genetics which appear to be related to attractiveness are actually not. Women with good immune systems simply smell better to men, creating a selection pressure for these ancient chads to combine their athletic/attractive genes with a good immune system. Men with good immune systems smell better to women too, making this a vicious cycle of elite sexual selection.

In the future, just LOL if you don't think humans will find EXACTLY what genes make people attractive and design their babies to look good. We were just born 50 years too early.

BlueBalls

Machine
[font=Open Sans', Verdana, Helvetica, 'Sans Serif]In the future, just LOL if you don't think humans will find EXACTLY what genes make people attractive and design their babies to look good. We were just born 50 years too early.[/font]

Came to understand this a few years ago, it is also likely that there will be effective medical agents against aging in the final parts of this century.
If I had one wish I would've wished to be born into a rich family 150-200 years from now.

BlueBalls said:
[font=Open Sans', Verdana, Helvetica, 'Sans Serif]In the future, just LOL if you don't think humans will find EXACTLY what genes make people attractive and design their babies to look good. We were just born 50 years too early.[/font]

Came to understand this a few years ago, it is also likely that there will be effective medical agents against aging in the final parts of this century.
If I had one wish I would've wished to be born into a rich family 150-200 years from now.

Very legit. This is what kills me the most. To know that in 50-100 years we will cure aging and genetically modify the future generations to be super chad and super stacys while we're all stuck in our pre 22nd century subhuman bodies.

Masterfaggot

Champion
Brutus said:
One of the most psychologically damaging factors in my life has been having a sister who is clearly more attractive than me. She's literally a model.

On closer inspection, it's clear that these ratios of attractiveness have been different ever since my sister and I were babies. She has ALWAYS been more attractive, even as a little kid. It's not entirely the midface either; her cheekbones are just slightly more prominent and wide, her chin is just slightly stronger, and her nose is just slightly shorter. Even her palate is slightly wider than mine (her palate is fassbender tier).

On a genetic level, what this means is that my sister's maxilla, mandible AND her cheekbones all somehow received signals to grow in a slightly more horizontal and forward direction, while still managing to look extremely similar to my own face.

Dog breeders have done genetic analysis on different breeds, and what they've found is that pretty much all dogs are closely related, and the genes that change a dog's physical appearance are only controlled by a few different alleles for a few different genes. Since dogs and humans are genetically quite similar (being both mammals), it's safe to assume that physical attractiveness is determined the same way in humans.  http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2010/08/100810203503.htm

Physical attractiveness itself is NOT what makes attractive people more physically healthy. Studies have shown that there is a moderate correlation between immune system function and physical attractiveness, as well as with IQ. My sister is objectively quite attractive, and yet she still has sleep apnea and anxiety like I do. She's even less athletic than I am. My dad is also as objectively attractive as my sister, and yet he gets sick at least 5 times a year.

The reason that attractive people have good genes in other areas is simply this: Physically elite males in the ancient world would have gotten their pick of the prettiest women, creating children with both good genes for face and for athleticism. Even things like immune system genetics which appear to be related to attractiveness are actually not. Women with good immune systems simply smell better to men, creating a selection pressure for these ancient chads to combine their athletic/attractive genes with a good immune system. Men with good immune systems smell better to women too, making this a vicious cycle of elite sexual selection.

In the future, just LOL if you don't think humans will find EXACTLY what genes make people attractive and design their babies to look good. We were just born 50 years too early.

when the brother is much better looking than the sister and they both still look very similar

:jordan: :jordan: :jordan: :jordan:

Can you hook a brotha up with your sister?
I swear Imma look out for you during the whole time of our flourishing relationship.

BlueBalls

Machine
CopingWithOpiates said:
BlueBalls said:

Very legit. This is what kills me the most. To know that in 50-100 years we will cure aging and genetically modify the future generations to be super chad and super stacys while we're all stuck in our pre 22nd century subhuman bodies.

More like 100-200 years unfortunately, maybe it'll be possible to slow aging when we are geriatric but in the end I don't think we have any real chance of making it.

I'm freezing myself anyway, what is there to lose?

BlueBalls said:
CopingWithOpiates said:

More like 100-200 years unfortunately, maybe it'll be possible to slow aging when we are geriatric but in the end I don't think we have any real chance of making it.

Yeah I have definitely thought about going the cryogenic route. Not sure how it works but once you're frozen and unconscious your perception of time will be warped and the next thing you know you're being woken up 100 years in the future, as if only seconds went by.

BlueBalls

Machine
CopingWithOpiates said:
BlueBalls said:

Yeah I have definitely thought about going the cryogenic route. Not sure how it works but once you're frozen and unconscious your perception of time will be warped and the next thing you know you're being woken up 100 years in the future, as if only seconds went by.

And if you don't wake up, hey, you were gonna die anyway right?

BlueBalls said:
CopingWithOpiates said:

And if you don't wake up, hey, you were gonna die anyway right?

Exactly. It's a win-win situation, you can't lose.

Brutus

Ugly God
Birds
MasterFaggot said:
when the brother is much better looking than the sister and they both still look very similar

This is pretty much the reason of all the issues in my life.

My parents always treated her better from an early age, always believed her even when she was a lying shit.

They barely ever punished her when she misbehaved, while I got spankings and was actually harshly punished.

I pretty much hate my sister more than anyone, and it's not even out of jealousy. It the fact that she's an autistic cruel bitch who bullied me throughout my entire childhood and puts me down whenever she feels like it.

She has only succeeded in life because of her facial attractiveness. She barely even had friends in high school, and in middle school her only "friends" were a group of ugly subhuman nerds who worshipped/tolerated her because of her face. Nobody actually likes her now except for her 6'5" chad boyfriend.

BlueBalls

Machine
Does your sister really have a 6'5 Chad boyfriend?

The amog must suck

Masterfaggot

Champion
Brutus said:
MasterFaggot said:

My parents always treated her better from an early age, always believed her even when she was a lying shit.

They barely ever punished her when she misbehaved, while I got spankings and was actually harshly punished.

I pretty much hate my sister more than anyone, and it's not even out of jealousy. It the fact that she's an autistic cruel bitch who bullied me throughout my entire childhood and puts me down whenever she feels like it.

She has only succeeded in life because of her facial attractiveness. She barely even had friends in high school, and in middle school her only "friends" were a group of ugly subhuman nerds who worshipped/tolerated her because of her face. Nobody actually likes her now except for her 6'5" chad boyfriend.

i honestly think that in terms of families where there is exactly 1 brother and 1 sister of a similar age, the number of time where the sister is objectively better looking as a female than the male is as a male is probably about 2:1, maybe even 3:1.

Brutus

Ugly God
Birds
MasterFaggot said:
Brutus said:

i honestly think that in terms of families where there is exactly 1 brother and 1 sister of a similar age, the number of time where the sister is objectively better looking as a female than the male is as a male is probably about 2:1, maybe even 3:1.

I agree with what you're saying in certain cases, but my sister would still AMOG the fuck out of me if she had been born a guy. She is simply better looking.

She looks almost identical to me in terms of her facial features, she just has a slightly shorter midface, slightly wider palate, slightly wider set eyes, and a slightly stronger chin too. This isn't the result of better overall genetics, it's that she just has a different allele for one important gene that makes the difference between short midfaced prettyboy and 
long-midfaced incel.

In families where there are features like a weak chin and big lips, then your statement is true. But I've seen plently of handsome, masculine chads who have ugly, brutish looking sisters. Genetics are everything but individuals variants of genes can make all the difference.