Dr. Mew estimates we do 5% of the chewing our ancestors did.

I don't believe in tongue on the roof but still

The main difference is we went from eating tough foods to eating soft foods that allows stomach to be full easier such as cooked potato, rice,etc. With modernized diet things get worse because now we can intake high calories with even less chewing with things like smoothies, fruit juices, soda, and all the myriad of mushy/tender/soft foods we eat now.  We began chewing a lot less.

• Dr. Mew estimates we do 5% of the chewing our ancestors did. Bone adapts to usage as astronauts would tell you, few months in zero gravity means there is actual bone loss from lack of usage.
  • Is it possible to change the jaws towards more ideal shape in adults? Dr. Mew thinks so. He says as an adult since he has committed himself to proper oral posture he is better looking now then he was 7 years ago.
  • If that much can go wrong in adults, then it should mean that if we adopt proper oral posture we can reshape our skulls towards more positive results as well.
http://claimingpower.com/reverse-extraction-orthodontics-is-it-possible-for-adults-progress-report/

IcedEarth

Slayer
lol caveman cooked shit just like we did, maybe they chewed on leather or rope while making clothes and tools so I'd say we do 50%

IcedEarth said:
lol caveman cooked shit just like we did, maybe they chewed on leather or rope while making clothes and tools so I'd say we do 50%
But they didn't use silverware

igesio

Banned
IcedEarth said:
It's not just cooking but also now we eat different foods. You can swallow 500 calories in 3 bites by eating a cheeseburger. To gain 500 calories back then you would have to eat a hundred carrots. Much more chewing, even if the food is soft.

PucciBoi

Subhuman
If I could turn back time to when I was 5 I'd be chewing woodchips off the playground instead of weak ass sandwiches my mom packed.

Anakind

King of Chads
IcedEarth said:
There's nothing better than a steak cooked for only a couple minutes so it's crusty on the outside and almost raw inside. Just like a hot tranny asshole. :lol:
[hr]
PucciBoi said:
If I could turn back time to when I was 5 I'd be chewing woodchips off the playground instead of weak ass sandwiches my mom packed.
If I could turn back time, I would eat raw fish all day and night.