Does gymceling make you less depressed?

UglySlayerCel

Banned
I have an incel autistic framcel friend in real life who began gymceling 2 weeks ago and said he feels less depressed

Studies say no, not long term. Only short term, and then you build tolerance and go back to baseline. I think if it improves your looks it could make you less depressed.

offthewall

Slayer
Its good if you go for purely health/active reasons for lookism users such as myself it will make you depressed as fuck. Hedonic threadmill. You are constantly chasing something unattainable; dramatic improvement in facial aesthets.

Reflex

Lookism God
it has seriously helped me

but only added to the fact my sleeping pattern has kinda fixed up

i wake up like 4-8am nowadays and that helps an INSANE amount

doing anything on no sleep is complete hell

Demgainz

Normie
Yes, less angry, less depressed. more confident, better sleep, but diet has to be good too.

Nyhil

Slayer
Yes. It changed my life, and I've been doing so for 3 years.

Amnesia

TokTik is hip dude
I cant imagine a week going by without hitting the gym, always feel great working hard and being drenched in my own sweat, very refreshing.

MulattoFuck said:
Yes. Feeling depressed has a lot to do with your shit hormones and body inactivity. Lifting will raise your hormones levels, increase blood flow and trigger all kinds of other good things. Also challenging your body in the gym will also make your ego and will strengthen which gives you an additional psychological edges. Which is why lifting is a must

:okthen:

offthewall

Slayer
I've given up the gym for feb to give myself a fresh impetus as we enter the summer

Yes, if you do it right.
If you don't feel like a god after a good workout you're low T or overtraining/undereating.

YourFaceIsYourLife

LTR = cuck | Effort = it's over | Sun = life
Masculinity Crew
You should be playing some real sport, lifting weights is the most bizzare and anti-social form of exercise there is.

Pip-boy 3000

Coper
It will improve your hormonal and lipid profile, in addition to improving mental health.

Yes, you can't literally reach your highest quality of life without exercise, especially weight-lifting.

MulattoFuck said:
ThePolygamist said:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/topicoftheweek98.htm

These compound movements hit more than one muscle and the more fibers you stress during an exercise the more testosterone will be released into the bloodstream. The squat is the king for a reason. The legs are the biggest muscles in your body and doing squats raises your testosterone levels drastically.

endocrinology 101:
increases in hormone levels within the normal physiological range have no impact on performance/illness

Spectre

Normie
Not for me, but I have severe underlying issues, so maybe I'm not indicative of the broader population.

Pip-boy 3000

Coper
ThePolygamist said:
endocrinology 101:
increases in hormone levels within the normal physiological range have no impact on performance/illness

Endocrinology 201:
There is no significant diminishing returns above deficient levels in lean mass, but there is no significant gain in lean mass either.