• Stop coping, and start posting. Register an account in order to gain full access to Lookism's features.

Aspie Does Anybody work in the Finance Industry Here?

brocode

DON
Masculinity Crew
I was researching career options and have "banker" as a potential option and I need some help.

I have done a bit of thorough research on the Industry,
and here's the general consensus' tips:

> Have a degree (preferably in Economics) from a well reputed college
> Expect to work long hours as a beginnner/intern, sometimes even 100+ hours a week.
> Lot of networking and social skills required.
> Good Compensation for work tho
> Very Hierarchial Job, gotta pay respect and follow orders to gain respect and have a better chance at promotions
> You Need to Master Microsoft Excel
> Prolly Gonna live in Greater NYC area, so Cost Of Living will be high as fuck

What else should I know and what are things to keep in my mind should I pursue banking?

P.s. I did research on technical stuff too, but putting them in this thread would kinda be pointless given I'm looking for insider tips about the industry.

brocode

DON
Masculinity Crew
I'm a professional sports bettor, and bitcoin trader
I know quite well about cryptocurrency and about Sports Betting -- Not so much.

Tell me about it.

the mole

Larry Elder Supporter
Rotters
I know quite well about cryptocurrency and about Sports Betting -- Not so much.

Tell me about it.
you just gotta know how to sell and buy, also gotta be good with numbers

the mole

Larry Elder Supporter
Rotters
what sports do you usually bet on?
mma, madden simulations

I literally just started betting and I'm already pro

I got a few bets I'm pretty confident on for the NFL season but I'll wait till I have more cash to work with

Robust_Jock

5000 ng/dl or death
Masculinity Crew
I was researching career options and have "banker" as a potential option and I need some help.

I have done a bit of thorough research on the Industry,
and here's the general consensus' tips:

> Have a degree (preferably in Economics) from a well reputed college
> Expect to work long hours as a beginnner/intern, sometimes even 100+ hours a week.
> Lot of networking and social skills required.
> Good Compensation for work tho
> Very Hierarchial Job, gotta pay respect and follow orders to gain respect and have a better chance at promotions
> You Need to Master Microsoft Excel
> Prolly Gonna live in Greater NYC area, so Cost Of Living will be high as fuck

What else should I know and what are things to keep in my mind should I pursue banking?

P.s. I did research on technical stuff too, but putting them in this thread would kinda be pointless given I'm looking for insider tips about the industry.
Unfortunately not. My two cousins are both in Finance and even though they are younger than me they both out earn me by a factor of 3.

My cousin pretty much explained to me that for the first 6 years or so he was a slave working super long hours (for a Nordic) and had no time for girlfriends or whatever and that only now that he is a senior and have his own interns can he relax a little and have gotten an LTR who is also in finance (since she will understand the pressures).

Pissess me off how much money he makes. My other cousin just got promoted to manager at Bain & Company. FML.

brocode

DON
Masculinity Crew
Unfortunately not. My two cousins are both in Finance and even though they are younger than me they both out earn me by a factor of 3.

My cousin pretty much explained to me that for the first 6 years or so he was a slave working super long hours (for a Nordic) and had no time for girlfriends or whatever and that only now that he is a senior and have his own interns can he relax a little and have gotten an LTR who is also in finance (since she will understand the pressures).

Pissess me off how much money he makes. My other cousin just got promoted to manager at Bain & Company. FML.
I mean I guess you could say they got well compensated for putting in the hours.

But thanks for the input.

bookstack

Rotter
besides just generally being decent iq, university reputation is absolutely everything for recruiting. if you missed that boat for undergrad, do whatever it takes to get into a top 10 mba program, hopefully with scholarship. after that you will have a $150,000 (in 2020 dollars) job easy, grind at analyst for a couple years, get promoted, make more money, repeat

whats funny is that at first your hourly wage comes out to not even be that good because of the long work weeks, but you eventually hit a point where you can relax a bit like @Robust_Jock says, and you're making more for fewer hours

Mustangg

Banned
You actually dont need any of this, you can just submit to a tech job with a fake reusme.

But none of it matters because civilization will collapse in 1-2 years.

brocode

DON
Masculinity Crew
besides just generally being decent iq, university reputation is absolutely everything for recruiting. if you missed that boat for undergrad, do whatever it takes to get into a top 10 mba program, hopefully with scholarship. after that you will have a $150,000 (in 2020 dollars) job easy, grind at analyst for a couple years, get promoted, make more money, repeat

whats funny is that at first your hourly wage comes out to not even be that good because of the long work weeks, but you eventually hit a point where you can relax a bit like @Robust_Jock says, and you're making more for fewer hours
That makes sense given the conservative-ness of the industry. Also I'm still in school, so still got plenty of time
: D

brocode

DON
Masculinity Crew
You actually dont need any of this, you can just submit to a tech job with a fake reusme.

But none of it matters because civilization will collapse in 1-2 years.
I know a lot of people around me who work in IT, and I... Kinda... Don't wanna work there?