wew_lad

Push it to the limit xd
Masculinity Crew
I do believe in free will.
I don't believe we have an immortal soul that keeps on living after we die.
I will not elaborate on the reasons why I believe in this.

ullzzangincel

King of Chads
I do believe in free will.
I don't believe we have an immortal soul that keeps on living after we die.
I will not elaborate on the reasons why I believe in this.
you need a logical argument and a definition of free will. Otherwise it is bogus.

smike

mother of all monsters
Autists
The ego is what creates the illusion of individuality.
I don't think that's true. bees don't have egos but they function as individuals to benefit the entire hive.

smike

mother of all monsters
Autists

smike

mother of all monsters
Autists

pretty_boy

Kanye West's #1 fan
HQNP
it's pointless in arguing
the data and research on conscious states vs brain states is conflicting
it's possible for free will to exist
but it could also not

ullzzangincel

King of Chads
it's pointless in arguing
the data and research on conscious states vs brain states is conflicting
it's possible for free will to exist
but it could also not
It is a matter of arguing definitions really.

pretty_boy

Kanye West's #1 fan
HQNP
I define it as is being agents of choice, that out brains (or minds I should say) are an exception to the physical-statistical rules that govern everything else

no, free will at the very least means non deterministic. precise definition is its a behavior a person performs that violates the motion of particles in their brain, taking into account any uncertainties in atomic states (though vast majority of neuroscientists think brains are completely classical), similar to if a ball starts moving by itself with no external force. this cannot be tested with current technology.

I define it as is being agents of choice, that out brains (or minds I should say) are an exception to the physical-statistical rules that govern everything else
:coping:

lmk the properties of this agent of choice. is it some eerie transparent ghostly pretty boy that travels with the person?

this is you

ullzzangincel

King of Chads
no, free will at the very least means non deterministic. precise definition is its a behavior a person performs that violates the motion of particles in their brain, taking into account any uncertainties in atomic states (though vast majority of neuroscientists think brains are completely classical), similar to if a ball starts moving by itself with no external force. this cannot be tested with current technology.

lmk the properties of this agent of choice. is it some eerie transparent ghostly pretty boy that travels with the person?

this is you
It is the same force that compels everything else to happen in the universe. This is what hindus mean when the say atman is brahman.

sin

Administrator
Staff member
Masculinity Crew
both are real. u idiots

ullzzangincel

King of Chads
4:52

shitskin hindu cope

. Nice strawman bro. When did I ever mention quantum physics jargon, chakras, or any such psuedoscientific bullshit? My argument is that individual free will is illogical. If I accept the conventional scientific wisdom that we are wholly material beings, then it follows that we are thus governed by the same mechanical statistical rules that govern the rest of the universe. Our individual wills therefore arise from the same force that compel all other physical phenomenon.

ullzzangincel

King of Chads

this is you
By your definition then a quantum random number generator would have free will.
:niro:
alright bro.